College tuition stresses students

Seniors have a lot to stress about when it comes to their educations, but college tuition trumps most of these worries. Everyone dreams about moving far away and starting over, but for a typical person this is quite the struggle for one reason: money. As the year increases, so does college tuition for any given university. A few decades ago, school was affordable and realistic, but unfortunately that’s not the case anymore

Senior Brian Wilson says, “I always wanted to go out of state but I knew the expenses were too excessive so I didn’t even bother.” Why should a student have to give up on a dream because of money? It’s corrupted that our society revolves so much around money, especially when it comes to education. The late teens and early twenties is the perfect time to explore new places and find new opportunities. Except for the occasional blessed family here and there, a normal family is in no position to pay 40 plus grand a year for tuition, nor should they have to.

Some students at this point aren’t even trying to pursue out of state schools because of money. Senior Nicole Hagen says “I didn’t even apply out of state because I didn’t want to have to take out loans. It sucks, but I just decided to stay in state.” In South Tampa, most students don’t know the value of a dollar. But while looking at the big picture, this is a big struggle for a lot of students. No one should have to limit their college options because of ridiculous tuition, but sadly that’s the way it works in America.