Athlete of the week: Cooper Ross

Samantha Macuare, Staffer

Throwing the ball, sophomore Cooper Ross has been playing defensive end for two years. Ross is in his second year on the JV football team.

Q: “How did you get started playing your sport? How long have you been playing?” 

A: “I started playing football because my brother got into it when he was a freshman. I trained and worked hard in 8th grade so I could be prepared for what was to come. I’ve been playing for almost two years.” 

Q: “What is your favorite aspect/part of the sport?” 

A: “The best thing about football in my opinion is bonding with other people and becoming sort of like a family with one another.” 

Q: “How has the sport shaped you into who you are today?” 

A: “It has encouraged me to eat and drink better things to stay in shape. Also, I learned leadership skills.”  

Q: What is the most important thing you have learned from playing the sport?”  

A: “I’ve learned to keep in shape while also being safe. Most importantly though, to push to become better and better.” 

Q: “What is one of your favorite memories from playing the sport?” 

A: “My favorite memories are from freshman year seeing people lead us to victory. Now I’m trying to lead the legacy I felt last year. 

Q: “How far do you want to take the sport?”  

A: “I most likely want to stay in football until senior year. If I feel like I can, I’ll attempt to play college.”   

Q: “Who is your inspiration? Is it a coach, teammate or professional athlete?” 

A: “My inspiration would most likely be my coaches, my parents and my brother.” 

Q: “What are you most excited for this season?” 

A: I’m excited to see what every individual player will become in the upcoming years for the program.”