See You At The Pole

On Wednesday, September 24, over 40 students and faculty members gathered around the flagpole at the front of the school to participate in the global day of student prayer known as See You At The Pole. They prayed over the needs of the school as well as the nation and expressed their hope for things to come this school year.
See You At The Pole began in 1990 when a group of 10 students in Burleston, Texas gathered in the front of their school to pray for their teachers, fellow students, and country. Now each year students in more than 20 countries take part in the event, gathering on the fourth Wednesday in September for a time of early morning fellowship and prayer. “It is so cool that on this day over 1 million students from schools all over the nation come together under one God to pray for their schools, teachers, and boldness for themselves. I’m so glad Plant was able to be a part of this,” Mary Helen Bayless, co-president of First Priority said.
Leaders in Plant’s First Priority club meet at 7:10 every Tuesday morning at the flagpole in the front of the school, encouraging their friends and teachers to join them in lifting up members of the Plant community both present and not before heading to class for the day.
“I think it’s a really good opportunity for us to be able to join in fellowship and lift each other up in our faith. It’s nice to have both FCA and First Priority come together as one and see people who are not members of either club become part of the Christian community at Plant High School,” McKenzie Kennedy, First Priority board member said of the event.