Gasparilla Music Festival returns

Sydney Appleton

Gasparilla Music Festival is returning for the weekend of Oct. 1. Scroll to learn more about the festival’s history, location, performers and more.

Gasparilla Music Festival is returning to Tampa this fall. The outdoor concert is set to take place from Friday, Oct. 1 to Sunday, Oct. 3, at Curtis Hixon Park in Downtown Tampa.

The festival was first established in 2011 by the Ring of Fire group. Each year since, the group, which consists of business owners from the Tampa Bay Area, has put on a weekend-long concert for everyone in Tampa to enjoy.

Freshmen Nick Parra attended the festival last year. “My favorite part of Gasparilla Music Festival is hanging out with my friends and listening to the music,” Parra said.

This year’s festival will have performers of all different genres. Some artists performing are 99 neighbors, Ella Jet, CADE, Artikal Sound System, BabyJake and much more. At the festival, local Bay Area food businesses will have food trucks set up. The festival will also be selling Gasparilla Music Festival merchandise.

CADE, one of the performers of this year’s lineup, is a Plant High School graduate.

“When I was a student at Plant High, it was an endless dream of mine to perform at festivals one day and make music for a living,” CADE said. “I moved to LA after high school with hopes of making that a reality. The fact that I get to come home for Gasparilla Music Festival and perform alongside so many amazing artists in my hometown feels like a dream come true.”

The festival provides a food option for every diet. Some local food businesses that will be there are Cass Street Deli, Ellas Folk Art Cafe, Haven, Elevage, Dough Nation and so much more.

Freshmen Sofia Uccello has attended Gasparilla Music Festival several times with her friends over the last few years. “I love the silent disco and hanging with my friends the whole day,” Uccello said.

Due to COVID-19, you must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test upon entry.

The festival’s website, https://gasparillamusic.com, gives insight into the festival’s history, sponsors, lineup information, links to the festival’s social media, and more.

Tickets are already selling fast. The three-day pass is $90, the two-day pass is $60, the one-day pass is $40 and the festival sells various VIP packages that start at $125. You can find the tickets through this link: https://www.tixr.com/groups/gasparillamusic/events/gasparilla-music-festival-2021-24817.