Cobra Kai season 4 review

Season+4+of+Cobra+Kai+is+now+streaming+on+Netflix%21+The+10+episodes+are+packed+with+fights%2C+drama%2C+and+rivalries.+This+season+features+Ralph+Macchio%2C+William+Zabka%2C+Xolo+Mariduena%2C+Mary+Mouser%2C+Tanner+Buchanan%2C+and+so+many+more.++

Avery Owens

Season 4 of Cobra Kai is now streaming on Netflix! The 10 episodes are packed with fights, drama, and rivalries. This season features Ralph Macchio, William Zabka, Xolo Mariduena, Mary Mouser, Tanner Buchanan, and so many more.

The hit Netflix show, Cobra Kai, is a sequel to the Karate Kid movie series that was very popular in the 80s and still is today. The Karate Kid movies are about a teen, Daniel LaRusso, being the new kid in high school and having to face bullies every day. So, he takes it upon himself to learn karate from his mentor, Mr.Miyagi, to put an end to always getting picked on. In the end, he beats his bully, Johnny Lawrence, in the All-Valley Karate Tournament leaving him being the karate champion of the city. 

In 2018, Cobra Kai came out starring the same two main characters from the original Karate Kid movies. However, more than 30 years later, now they all have kids and compete against each other in rival dojos. Finally, after dedicated viewers have waited months, the fourth season was released on Dec. 31.

The plot this season was one of the best ones the writers have ever come up with. Season 4 brought in numerous characters from the previous movies 35 years ago, which left every Cobra Kai binger in complete shock because they were not expecting the return of previous antagonists.

Bringing back Terry Silver, the man who made LaRusso become bad and lose faith in his real mentor was a major part of the 10 episodes. Silver ends up teaming with John Kreese, who is another bad guy from LaRusso’s past. In the end, we see LaRusso teaming up with Lawrence to combine their two dojos to defeat Crease and Silver once and for all. 

The new season included many surprises and kept the viewers on the edge of their seats throughout the entire 10 episodes. As most would expect in a high school environment, there is teen drama that surrounds the characters and their daily life. From romances to rivalries, West Valley High School holds students counting down the days until the final fight against the Cobra Kai and the Miyagi Do/ Eagle Fang Dojo. 

“I thought the season was really good. I had it in my mind that it was not going to be a big hit because it is late in the show, but I enjoyed it and it was very entertaining,” sophomore Daniella Rodriguez said. “My favorite part of the season was the tournament in the finale and how Johnny opened up to Daniel which made them become friends.” 

In the last episode of season 3, LaRusso and Lawrence team up to make an agreement with Kreese saying whichever dojo loses in the All-Valley Tournament must shut down their facility and leave the Valley. Throughout the new season, the two dojos get in heavy disputes and their hate for each other only builds up.

Season 4 ends with Cobra Kai winning the tournament. However, viewers find out that Silver paid the referee money so he would let Cobra Kai win instead of the Miyagi Dojo. Plus, Lawrence and his son, Robbie, start to forgive each other and create a better father-son bond. Lastly, even though Miyagi Do was supposed to shut down since they lost the tournament, LaRusso calls Chozen Toguchi, who was his enemy in The Karate Kid Part 2, for backup. 

As soon the season got released, Cobra Kai was immediately number one on Netflix and has held that position for weeks now. By the way Season 4 ended, the producers must come up with another season quickly because the cliffhanger was too big for having to make fans wait long.