This is our house: Jesuit falls to Plant

The+Plant+student+section+raise+their+%E2%80%9Cspirit+fingers%E2%80%9D+in+support+for+all+free+throws.+Many+came+to+support+the+Plant+boys+basketball+team+as+in+their+win+against+Jesuit.+

Lauren Callahan

The Plant student section raise their “spirit fingers” in support for all free throws. Many came to support the Plant boys basketball team as in their win against Jesuit.

Plant defeated Jesuit with a score of 53-45 on Jan. 25. The game was held at Jesuit as they hosted Plant for their senior night.

“Winning the game against Jesuit felt really good since they beat us in the summer by 35 points, so we wanted revenge,” team captain and senior Jean Luma said. “The game was really exciting and fun. My favorite moment was when all the fans rushed the court.”

By halftime, Plant was up 22-18. Junior Shane Schuster scored 12 points during the game and shared his perspective on the game.

“It was an intense game with lots of emotions, but we were in control most of the game,” Schuster said. “When putting up points, I just had to focus on my form to get the ball into the basket.”

Plant’s student section was filled to cheer on the team. Gold Rush’s theme for the game was blackout. 

“To me, the Plant vs. Jesuit basketball game is always something to look forward to,” Gold Rush president and senior Silvia Farfante said. “We’ve built such a rivalry with Jesuit that it becomes one of the biggest games of the season. The game was intense, and both teams played really good games. Plant came out with the win, and all the students rushed the court. The environment, the game, and the crowd were super energetic and made the game so fun and memorable.”