How Long it Takes to get Ready for School

Different people have all sorts of morning routines that affect how long it takes them to get ready!

Personally, don’t do much to get ready in the morning since I go to school everyday and see the same people constantly, which makes me feel like I don’t need to dress up or do my makeup. What about you? Are you a half hour girl? Take your time to get ready and watch Netflix? Do you take less time in order to sleep in?

“I wake up, wash my face, put vitamin c and sunscreen on my face. I put on mascara, do my eyebrows, brush my hair, and decide what I’m going to wear, which takes about 25 minutes,” sophomore Millie Thompson said. 

“I wake up and decide what I’m going to wear, and then I go eat breakfast and make my lunch. After that I go upstairs and do my makeup ( concealer, blush, and mascara). Then I brush my teeth, put on jewelry and perfume. This takes about 30 minutes,” sophomore Bella Elliott said.

“I wake up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my skincare. Then, I head to my room to put on mascara and highlighter. I brush my hair and get dressed which in total takes about 30 minutes,” sophomore Amber Nguyen said. 

“I wake up and sit in bed for five minutes, then go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. I go back to my room to curl my lashes and put on concealer. I drink a glass of water and then I’m ready to go in fifteen minutes,” sophomore Sydney Cockrell said.

The majority of us take any time between 11 and 30 minutes getting ready. While more than half of people make their way to the bathroom, 11 percent immediately reach for their phones first thing in the morning. Unsurprisingly, studies have shown that people who reach for their phone first thing in the morning are in a bad mood compared to those who don’t check their phone first thing in the morning. 

Being a morning person also overall affects how long it takes you to get ready in the morning. Morning people tend to be less stressed because they can get more things done during the day.  Having a regular sleep routine can help you to wake up easier. Starting your day earlier increases your alertness, concentration and memory. This can help you perform day to day tasks and be more successful at school.