Winter Pep Rally

The+winter+pep+rally+will+occur+January+20th%2C+at+8%3A30+am+to+show+support+for+the+current+Plant+athletes+as+they+head+on+to+their+journey+through+the+playoffs.+

Addison Gear

The winter pep rally will occur January 20th, at 8:30 am to show support for the current Plant athletes as they head on to their journey through the playoffs.

Pep rallies are back and better than ever this year. After two whole years of not having pep rallies due to covid, Plant’s executive board decided it was about time to bring them back this year.

Each school year, there are three pep rallies, not including panther prowl, one for each sporting season. Fall includes football, golf, and volleyball; winter includes soccer, basketball, wrestling, and cheerleading; spring includes baseball, softball, lacrosse, and tennis.

Tomorrow, January 20th is Plant’s winter pep rally. Students will go to their first period for the first ten minutes of school for their teacher to take attendance, and after that, classes will be released one by one to meet at DADS Stadium.

While students are finding seats, music will be playing throughout the stadium. Seniors Madeline Maney and Hyatt Criser will be in charge of running the pep rally. It is going to be filled with dancing, games and support for our fellow student-athletes

Seniors are invited to wear black, juniors are invited to wear white, sophomores are invited to wear gold, and freshman are invited to wear gray

Cheer, danceros, and the step team are performing tomorrow, followed by the pawcapella singing and the drum line performance. Afterward, there will be some interactive games with the teachers, and the winter sports will be highlighted. Custom t-shirts will be thrown into the crowd, and at the end, each grade will be put to the test to determine who has the most spirit.

“For my sophomore and junior year, I missed not having pep rallies, especially after my friends and I had so much fun at the ones during freshman year. I always looked forward to having the occasional shortened bell schedule, seeing my teachers play funny games, and getting updates on the seasonal sports. I was disappointed when I heard they were going away for Covid precautions. They were always a fun bonding moment with my friends, and I am thrilled they are back now,” said senior Madeline Maney.

“I am excited to Mic the pep rally with my friend Hyatt Criser, but I am most excited to watch the step team perform. They are scheduled for a three-minute long routine, and this will be their pep rally debut since the last time they performed in a pep rally was during my freshman year. We have many fun games planned and shirts to throw out, but I am thrilled that the step team is performing tomorrow.”

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow!