Plant Softball Ace: Cassidy Masters

Lizzy Breen

Junior Cassidy Masters has quickly made a name for herself in the world of high school softball. She helped lead the Plant Varsity softball team to their two playoff wins last year, the first post-season victories in over ten years.

Junior Cassidy Masters has quickly made a name for herself in the world of high school softball. Becoming the starting pitcher as a freshman is no easy feat, but Masters proved her ability to maintain a presence in the circle under pressure situations. She helped lead the Plant Varsity softball team to their two playoff wins last year, the first post-season victories in over ten years. With two seasons left in her career, Masters wants to continue the successful streak she’s helped build with her team. 

“I started playing softball because of my sister. She introduced me to the sport at ten years old, and I’ve played ever since,” Masters says.  

With freshman Olive Masters (Masters’s sister) now on the roster, the Plant softball team will have many years of playing with this sibling duo. Though uncommitted, Masters hopes to continue her athletic career at a university, potentially with one of her high school teammates. Until then, Masters is anxious to prove her team worthy of the title of district champions. 

“I love how close we all are and how fun this season has been so far. I hope I can have a great season of pitching for my team and make it far in districts,” says Masters.  

The team connection has increased significantly, according to Masters, which may play a significant role in the program’s recent success. With a strong finish in the 2022 season, the Panthers placed second in districts for the first time in over a decade. Masters is more driven now than ever to bring home a post-season win. Under the leadership of head coach Lauren Castellvi-Donahue, assistant coaches Damon Ramirez, Jorge Castellvi and Ricardo Lizcano, the Panthers believe they can make it to state finals in late May, ending the 2023 season in victory.  

Current Record:  

15-4 

Link to team Instagram:  

@plantsoftball