Dali Museum Review

Modern+art+has+always+been+affected+by+the+changes+in+modern+society%2C+and+our+progression+as+humans.+Whether+web+design+or+3D+painting%2C+online+art+is+a+huge+part+of+modern+society+and+art+culture.+Located+just+across+the+bay+in+Saint.+Petersburg+the+Dali+Museum+proudly+announces+their+latest+exibit-+the+Dali+Dome.+A+mash+between+Daliss+surrealist+art%2C+and+new+modern+styles%2C+the+Dali+Museum+is+a+must+see+for+all+ages%21+
Daniel Beccue
Modern art has always been affected by the changes in modern society, and our progression as humans. Whether web design or 3D painting, online art is a huge part of modern society and art culture. Located just across the bay in Saint. Petersburg the Dali Museum proudly announces their latest exibit- the Dali Dome. A mash between Dalis’s surrealist art, and new modern styles, the Dali Museum is a must see for all ages!

Digital art has been at the forefront of the art world; whether it’s 3D design, online painting, or even web design, modern art has been heavily affected by the emergence of new digital art. Naturally, many museums want to provide customers with new, exciting experiences using digital media, and the Dali Museum -located right here in Saint. Petersburgs- have done just that with their latest addition, the Dali dome.  

Regardless of your involvement in art, I am sure you have at least heard of the renowned Surrealist painter Salvador Dali. Dali was an active painter from 1929 to 1937, experimenting with new art styles such as Surrealism, Impressionism, Expressionism, and Cubism. Some of his more famous pieces include “The Melting Clock” and “The Persistence of Memory.”  

So, with that in mind, what is the Dali dome? For starters, the dome is not just a new exhibit but a new building separate from the main museum. The dome hosts the “The Dali Museum’s Dali alive 360*,” an immersive experience celebrating the life and creative genius of Salvador Dali through 360 degrees of multi-sensor art using light and sound.  

The Dali Museum explains how the experience is meant to bring Dali’s work to life, stating that “The dynamic animations of Dalí’s works featured in Dalí Alive 360° illuminate the challenges and triumphs of his artistic career and provide visitors the sensation of stepping into Dalí’s life.”  

The exhibit features surreal landscapes, along with the iconic melting clocks and mind-warping illusions with touch points from the artist’s time in Spain, Paris, and America.  

The museum accredits the development of their new exibit, stating that “Dalí Alive was co-produced by the Museum and Grande Experiences—the creator of Van Gogh Alive and a world leader in the creation and display of multi sensory, immersive experiences.”  

In any case, whether you are just exploring art or a long-time enjoyer, the Dali Museum is a perfect way to broaden your perspective on art, having a great collection of both modern and contemporary. If you want to experience it for yourself, feel free to check out their website at Dali Home – Salvador Dalí Museum (thedali.org)