Rating the Most Popular Halloween Costumes of 2023

Celebrities+as+the+Kardashians+and+Hailey+Bieber+often+rule+Halloween+and+the+costumes+trends.+This+year%2C+5+costumes+ruled+social+media+after+Halloween%2C+and+here+is+some+insight+behind+them+bellow.++
luk
Celebrities as the Kardashians and Hailey Bieber often rule Halloween and the costumes trends. This year, 5 costumes ruled social media after Halloween, and here is some insight behind them bellow.

With social media posts overfilled with Halloween content but the pumpkin spice season coming to an end, it is the perfect time to reflect on the most popular 2023 costumes, and maybe predict next year’s Halloween trends. 

1. Vampire – 2/10 

The costume itself is truly simple and a great option for a last-minute costume. After all, just black clothing and fake blood is needed. However, this costume was so overused, especially when originality is so important during the spooky season.  

2. Sailor – 5/10 

I was surprised to have seen that many sailors this past Halloween as this wasn’t such a popular costume in the years back. However, if styled improperly, this costume ended up looking childish & bland for a high schooler. 

3. Police Officer/ Prisoner- 6/10 

This is a staple costume every year, and a great choice for a couple’s costume or for a group of friends. However, it lacks creativity, and the plastic silver badges with orange jumpsuits are getting old.  

4. Wizard of Oz- 8/10 

Genuinely I was surprised to have seen that many Wizard of Oz group costumes this year. This Dorothy, the Tin Man, Glenda, and the Wicked Witch of the West concoction was rather original and to my surprise, a popular group costume this year.  

5. Princesses- 10/10 

This costume, especially for groups, was adorable. The corsets for girls and Disney princesses assigned based on hair color were truly original and gave a nostalgic feel from childhood trick-or-treating while wearing a tiara.  

And while many more costumes ruled Halloween 2023, these were the most memorable and timeless ones that we can only hope to see (or not) next year.