Gigi Hadid’s Pasta

Learn+how+to+make+the+Gigi+Hadid+Pasta+at+home%21+It%E2%80%99s+super+easy+to+make+but+tastes+like+so+much+effort+went+into+it.+
Luka
Learn how to make the Gigi Hadid Pasta at home! It’s super easy to make but tastes like so much effort went into it.

In 2020, this Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe went viral, and blew up Instagram and TikTok. But try it yourself and see if it lives up to the hype. 

This creamy, spicy sauce is restaurant-quality and such a cinch to make. This recipe is Gigi’s exact recipe from Instagram with a slight modification from my part.  

Recipe: 

• 1 lb rigatoni pasta + 1 cup pasta water 
  • 1/2 cup olive oil 
  • 1 small red onion, diced (about 1 cup) 1 shallot, white or yellow onion work, too! 
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced 
  • 1/2 cup tomato paste 
  • 1 tbsp lemon & 1 tbsp apple juice 
  • 1 cup heavy cream 
  • 2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste) 
  • 2 tbsp butter 
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese + more to taste 
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste!  
  • chopped basil, to taste 

Steps:  

1. Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid before draining. 
  2. While pasta is cooking, over medium heat, add olive oil to a large pan. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir often so garlic doesn’t burn.  
  3. Add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Tomato paste will turn a slightly darker color.  
  4. Lemon and apple juice and cook for 1 minute.  
  5. Add heavy cream and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often until sauce thickens (it will thicken up quickly!).  
  6. Add in the pasta, 1/2 cup of pasta water and butter. Stir until the butter is melted and saucy. Make sure the pasta is completely coated in the sauce. Add a little more pasta water if sauce seems too thick.  
  7. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with basil and serve. 

Enjoy!