Thanksgiving TV Show Episodes

+%0A%0AWith+Thanksgiving+approaching%2C+it+is+time+to+start+rewatching+the+holiday+episodes+from+your+favorite+TV+shows.+New+Girl%2C+Friends%2C+Gossip+Girl%2C+and+Gilmore+Girls+have+some+of+the+best+Thanksgiving+episodes+to+get+into+the+fall+spirit.+
Emily Mangione
With Thanksgiving approaching, it is time to start rewatching the holiday episodes from your favorite TV shows. New Girl, Friends, Gossip Girl, and Gilmore Girls have some of the best Thanksgiving episodes to get into the fall spirit.

Friends

The TV show Friends is known for its many iconic holiday episodes. One of the most well-known Thanksgiving episodes is Season Three, Episode Nine, “The One With the Football.” During this episode, the friend group postpones Thanksgiving dinner to play a game of touch football. Ross and Monica used to play when they were kids, and the rivalry returns, making the game girls versus boys very competitive.

Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is set in a small town in Connecticut, where the weather is always chilly, and fall seems year-round. One of the Thanksgiving episodes is in Season Three, Episode Nine, called “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving.” In this episode, Lorelai and Rory get invited to four different Thanksgiving dinners and scramble to make it to each one. While at dinner with Lorelai’s parents, Richard and Emily, Rory reveals that she has applied to Yale University. This is a shock to Lorelai because Rory has always had her eyes set on attending Harvard University.

Gossip Girl

Season Three, Episode 11, “The Treasure of Serena Madre,” is one of the most iconic episodes throughout Gossip Girl. As usual, this episode is filled with drama and family issues that cause a rift in the celebratory holiday. In this episode, Vanessa and Dan are awkward around each other, Chuck discovers more about his long-lost mother, and Serena has developed feelings for Tripp. Still, her mom invited him and his wife Maureen to the family dinner.

New Girl

Season One, Episode Six, named “Thanksgiving,” has remained one of the most memorable episodes throughout the seven seasons of New Girl. In this episode, Jess invites Paul, a music teacher at her school, to Thanksgiving dinner with her all-male roommates. This episode is hilarious and consists of Nick’s angry attitude towards Paul, Schmidt’s controlling personality about the food, and even a dead body.