Holiday Snack Recipes

The+holiday+season+is+here%2C+so+its+time+to+start+baking.+Below+is+a+list+of+some+festive+treats+that+are+easy+to+make.+
Emily Mangione
The holiday season is here, so it’s time to start baking. Below is a list of some festive treats that are easy to make.

As the holiday season approaches, creating some at-home snacks for any get-together with family or friends is always a clever idea. Many different foods are easy to make and perfect for Christmas time, whether you are in a salty or sweet mood. 

Peanut Butter Snowballs 

Ingredients: 

• 2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 c. butter, melted
  • 2/3 c. graham crackers crumbs
  • 1 tbsp. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt
  • 2 c. white chocolate, melted
  • 2 tsp. coconut oil
  • Sprinkles, for garnish

Steps: 

1. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, graham cracker crumbs, maple syrup and salt. Using a whisk or hand mixer, mix ingredients until smooth and fully incorporated.
  2. Using a small cookie scoop, form mixture into balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine melted white chocolate and coconut oil and stir until smooth. Dip peanut butter balls in white chocolate and place on cooling rack (excess chocolate will drop off).
  4. Top with sprinkles, then refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a57037/peanut-butter-snowballs-recipe/  

Pretzel M&M Hugs 

Ingredients: 

• Square Pretzels (not butter flavor!)
  • M&M’s
  • Hersey’s Hugs Chocolates

Steps: 

• Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
  • Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
  • Align pretzels on cookie sheet in a single layer then top each pretzel with one Hershey’s Hug chocolate.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 4 – 6 minutes, until the chocolate is shiny and soft, not totally melted!
  • Remove from oven and carefully place one M&M in the center of each soft Hug and press down on M&M to spread the chocolate.
  • Place in freezer or refrigerator and allow to rest until chocolate has set, about 5 – 15 minutes (freezer will be fastest).
  • Store in an airtight container.

https://www.cookingclassy.com/pretzel-mm-hugs-christmas-style/  

Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries 

Ingredients: 

• Strawberries
  • Dark Chocolate
  • White Chocolate
  • Christmas sprinkles

Steps: 

1. Wash and dry the strawberries very well. Keep them at room temperature to avoid any condensation from forming around the chocolate.
  2. Break up the dark chocolate into little pieces and melt it in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until runny and smooth. Dip the strawberries while rotating them to completely cover them with chocolate. Next, place them on parchment paper to allow them to set at room temperature.
  3. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time and drizzle it over each strawberry using a fork or a resealable bag with a small hole cut out in the corner.
  4. Immediately decorate with Christmas sprinkles before the white chocolate sets. They are ready to serve or give them a gift after the white chocolate hardens.

https://drivemehungry.com/christmas-chocolate-covered-strawberries/  

There are many more holiday snack recipes online and all-over social media. Some recipes can be complicated and require more skill than others, so it’s essential to pick one that you can make and one that consists of ingredients you enjoy eating. For the next holiday party, make sure you get in the festive spirit and give one of these recipes a try.