Christmas Vacations

Almost+everyone+travels+for+Christmas+and+to+the+same+places.+Once+travel+destinations+become+packed%2C+they+aren%E2%80%99t+as+enjoyable.+This+article+lists+travel+destinations+most+people+probably+haven%E2%80%99t+thought+of.+
Sienna Harrison
Almost everyone travels for Christmas and to the same places. Once travel destinations become packed, they aren’t as enjoyable. This article lists travel destinations most people probably haven’t thought of.

Many people like to travel around Christmas to see family or friends. It’s also nice to occasionally spend Christmas in places besides your home. Those living in hot areas often like skiing or trips to a cabin where it’s cold. After being in the cold for a while, people enjoy going somewhere tropical for Christmas. Here are some ideas for your Christmas vacation this year:  

New York City- There’s nothing like Christmas in New York City. The Rockefeller Christmas tree lights shine up the whole city, along with other light displays. You won’t have to look hard for entertainment when ice skating rings, hot chocolate and theatres surround us. There are many Christmas markets you can shop in, and you can take on the old tradition of watching the City Rockettes.  

Beaver Creek, Colorado- This is a great place to experience ski slopes and skiing for the first time. This ski village contains festivities for the whole family, from Christmas tree lighting to cookie-baking competitions. If you’re looking for a cozy place to stay, The Osprey offers a heated pool and chairlift to go skiing from the hotel.  

Highlands, North Carolina- This small-town Christmas experience feels straight out of a Hallmark movie. This town is in the southern Appalachian Mountains, within the National Forest. The Main Street is decorated with wintry displays. Visit Santa in Kelsey Hutchinson Founders Park on any Saturday in December leading up to Christmas.  

Santa Fe, New Mexico- The city typically hosts several holiday events throughout December. Annual events include the Santa Fe Botanical Garden’s Glow light display and Christmas concerts inside the Loretto Chapel. You can even find winter sports at Ski Santa Fe.  

London, England- There’s something magical about London at Christmas time. Between the shining lights, holiday markets, and ice-skating rinks at the Queen’s Castle in Greenwich, the city outdoes itself for the holiday season. Many hotels can have your room fully decorated with Christmas decorations.  

Maldives- If you enjoy the hotter weather, this might be the place to stay this Christmas. Winter is the dry season here. Daily highs are in the mid-80s Fahrenheit, perfect for getting a tan in winter.  

Solvang, California- The small town in Santa Ynez Valley was founded by a group of Danes in the 1900s. They created this adorable town known for its Danish stores and architecture. Solvang usually hosts Julufest, a month-long village celebration filled with holiday decorations.  

Quebec City, Canada- Quebec becomes a Christmas village in the winter. You can browse German Christmas markets and look at nativity scenes worldwide. Nearby there is skiing and snowboarding. There’s a Quebec Winter Carnival from January 25 to February 11.  

County Mayo, Ireland- The Christmas décor is a good enough reason to spend the holidays at Ashford Castle. Along with seasonal treats like minced pies, festive afternoon teas, and carol singing. There are also many activities like archery and horseback riding. 

Click here for more Christmas vacation ideas: 

https://localadventurer.com/best-places-to-celebrate-christmas-in-the-us/