Life at Plant: Ellianna Valkenburg

Junior+Ellianna+Valkenburg+%28right%29+interviewed+Senior+Sydney+Appleton+for+the+Panther+Pawdcast.+The+second+episode+of+Ellianna%E2%80%99s+podcast+is+currently+in+production.+
Bella Johnson
Junior Ellianna Valkenburg (right) interviewed Senior Sydney Appleton for the Panther Pawdcast. The second episode of Ellianna’s podcast is currently in production.

Junior year isn’t known as the most uncomplicated year of high school. It is notorious for being one of the most brutal years of a student’s high school career. Ellianna Valkenburg, a junior graduating in the class of 2025, was interviewed about her life at Plant and her goals for the future. 

When interviewed, Ellianna was asked about her current course load at Plant and extracurriculars. 

“I am taking pre-calculus, AP Capstone, Newspaper, AP Chemistry, AP Language, AP US History, and then I have a research period,” Valkenburg said. “I am also a part of Plant’s Crew team, Beta National Honor Society, National Honor Society, Kiwi Service Club, Astronomy Club, and DADS, short for the Dedicated Alliance of Democratic Students.” 

Ellianna has high hopes for college, with her dream school being an Ivy League, and she works hard to achieve her goals. 

One of Ellianna’s favorite teachers, Christina Porcelli, who teaches Journalism and AP Computer Science and is the advisor for the Yearbook and Newspaper, was asked about her opinion of Valkenburg. 

“I love how Ellianna is always positive. She never complains and is a wonderful person overall.” 

For College, Ellianna hopes to get into Yale, her dream school, but her goal schools are nationwide. 

“Yale is my dream,” said Valkenburg, “but I also love Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Massachusetts, UVA, UNC Chapel Hill, University of Michigan, USC, and Boston College.” 

Although Ellianna works hard in all her school subjects, she has a few favorites that have kept her enticed in her learning. 

“I love Chemistry, even though it is tough this year, and English has always come naturally to me, and I love reading, so that helps, and math always keeps me working, so I like that,” Ellianna stated. 

After almost three years at Plant, Ellianna is ready to be a Senior.