The Seasons of the Songs: JVKE

Bella Johnson
JVKE, songwriter and singer who is most notoriously known for his viral hit, “golden hour”, has been an innovative new artist who has made his mark. Through the use of unparalleled piano skills and heart wrenching lyrics, JVKE has earned his newfound fame.

World-renowned artist JVKE has been busy over the last year and a half after his worldwide hit, “golden hour”, reached the top of the charts. After “golden hour” went viral on almost every social media platform such as Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat, the artist’s name became a hot topic.

Senior, Sydney Appleton, who attended JVKE’s concert in Orlando when he visited Florida in mid-2023, has her opinions on the artist. “My favorite song is “golden hour” for sure,” Appleton said. “I know that it is his number one hit, but I never get sick of it for sure.”

Though the artist has made his mark on the world, he doesn’t seem to be stopping soon. Since golden hour premiered, JVKE has been working on more and more songs that have recently become big hits across the world. His single, “this is what autumn feels like”, currently has over 31,000,000 streams on Spotify alone since its release on Sept. 12. JVKE’s most recent single, “this is what winter feels like” has also been in the spotlight on TikTok and Instagram Reels due to it being used as a viral audio.

“I think that it is a good TikTok sound to make TikTok’s to,” junior Lola Magin said. “I like the song. It’s great.” One can only hope JVKE will continue his “seasons” singles such as “this is what spring feels like” or “this is what summer feels like”. JVKE has not announced any plans to do so but one could infer that this would be his next step.

One of JVKE’s staples besides the use of the phrase “this is what ______ feels like” is the use of Vincent Van Goah’s painting “Almond Blossoms.” The art piece has been used in almost all of JVKE’s covers, with a different color associated with each album/single. The artist claims that the piece inspired some of his most popular songs such as “this is what heartbreak feels like”.

Below is JVKE’s Spotify platform, where every one of his songs can be streamed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjSodCx2vSDAxXEtYQIHWf2DDkQFnoECBAQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fopen.spotify.com%2Fartist%2F164Uj4eKjl6zTBKfJLFKKK&usg=AOvVaw2nlZ1lbxIBhOI3rg9p6ZUK&opi=89978449