Bachelor Blog: Episode 4

It+is+that+time+of+the+year+again%21+The+Bachelor+is+back+every+Monday+night+with+episodes+filled+with+drama%2C+new+connections%2C+heartbreak%2C+and%2C+most+importantly%2C+love.+
Emily Mangione
It is that time of the year again! The Bachelor is back every Monday night with episodes filled with drama, new connections, heartbreak, and, most importantly, love.

Episode 4 had the most drama and beginnings of strengthening relationships of any episode so far. It begins with news that Joey is taking all the women to Malta in Southern Europe next to Italy.

The episode begins with Lexi getting a one-on-one date with Joey. They spend their time together walking the streets of Malta, dancing, trying new foods, and visiting a historic church. Lexi discusses her past health struggles with Joey over dinner and reveals that there is a chance she is unable to carry children of her own. Joey comforts her for all she has been through and thanks her for sharing that with him. Lexi is given a rose by the end of dinner.

The group date includes Daisy, Edwina, Jenn, Katelyn, Rachel, Allison, Autumn, Jess, Madina, Kelsey T., Lea, and Kelsey A. During group date activities, the ladies trained to become knights and learned to sword fight, dressed up in medieval outfits. The woman who showed the most determination and battled the hardest for Joey’s love was Autumn, and she won extra time with Joey.

While most women were on the group date, Maria and Sydney received news that they would accompany Joey on a two-on-one date the next day. In the last episode, viewers saw the drama between them, which ultimately got out of hand. Sydney accused Maria of being “a mean girl” and “verbally attacking her” when Sydney thought Maria was saying bad things about Madina. In response, Maria said she was not saying anything wrong and that Sydney was blowing everything out of proportion.

This week’s episode shows Maria moving on from the drama and deciding to focus on Joey. However, Sydney is still trying to play the victim and take down Maria for doing absolutely nothing.

The two-on-one date takes place on the water with Joey, Maria, and Sydney riding on a boat through the grottos of Malta. The boat ride was incredibly awkward because while Maria tried to make the best of the situation and stay positive, Sydney told Joey that she was uncomfortable with tight spaces, which kept the mood down even more.

Once they are on land, Joey takes Sydney for a chat first, and she makes up all these lies about Maria and even tells Joey that she is not his wife. First, who becomes Joey’s wife is not her decision to make. And second, all Sydney wants to do on the show is create drama and get Maria sent home. She has shown no care for Joey; her only purpose is to take Maria down.

Joey talks with Maria next and informs her about the accusations Sydney made about her. Maria immediately denies it and says that she only went on this date for Joey, not Sydney. The night ends with Joey not fully understanding the truth but sending Sydney home because he has more of a connection with Maria.

Before the rose ceremony, Lea decides to pull Madina for a chat because she is so friendly to Maria right after her friend Sydney gets sent home. Madina stands up for herself and says she can navigate the situation however she wants, and she is allowed to be nice to Maria because Maria has put everything behind her.

Lea becomes the new drama starter right after Joey gets rid of Sydney. Lea is upset that everyone is sweet to Maria and does not care that Sydney got sent home. Of course, nobody is sad. Sydney left because she caused nothing but drama during every episode. Lea decides to bring up Maria to Joey when Maria hasn’t done anything except be nice to the girls. Madina tells Maria that Lea blames Madina for Sydney being sent home, and Maria finally hits a breaking point with all the women.

The episode ends with Maria telling the producers she wants to go home because all the girls are against her, and there is no winning with them. They hate her when she speaks her mind and is quiet; she can’t win with these girls. The episode ends on a cliffhanger and a to-be-continued rose ceremony.