Kanye West’s No. 1 Album for the 11th Time: Vultures

Kanye just recently dropped his first No. 1 album since “Donda” in 2021, and along Ty Dolla $ign, Kanye has been teasing his fans about an upcoming tour. ‘Vultures 1’ is available for listeners worldwide on many platforms. Credits: Hypebeast.com

Just recently Kanye surprised many fans at the Travis Scott concert in Orlando, Florida. From there, he reappeared after two years, especially considering a series of antisemitic remarks in late 2022, where Ye lost his major-label record deal and booking agent (along with lucrative fashion partnerships with Adidas, Balenciaga and other brands) of artistic silence. 

This is his first No. 1 album since “Donda” in 2021, and along Ty Dolla $ign, Kanye has been teasing his fans about an upcoming tour. 

What is worth mentioning, is that after the release, LP’s availability briefly flickered, and Ye was quickly accused of borrowing music by Black Sabbath and Donna Summer without permission. His song, “Good (Don’t Die),” which appears to have borrowed a melody from Summer’s hit “I Feel Love,” was removed from the album. 

Having listened to the album numerous times, these are the top 3 songs that are a must listen, even for non-Kanye fans. 

Carnival  

This song isn’t for everyone, however, with repeated listening, it truly grew on me. The unpredictable beats and drops truly serve as a workout hit. Having uncredited vocals from Playboi Carti and Rich the Kid, ‘Carnival’ soon became the most listened song of ‘Vultures 1.’ 

Stars 

With harmonious background vocals, this song is soul-filling. If a teenage romance story had a song, this one would be perfect. Being slower and more focused on Kanye’s verses, this song serves as the first one in the album for a reason.  

Vultures 

The tease-song of this album, and the one that was released first. On another note, I was rather excited about Kanye’s song ‘Everybody,’ featuring vocals from the Backstreet Boys, but as he didn’t get their permission to use chunks of their song, the release didn’t happen. ‘Vultures,’ however, serves as a close similar and a must listen.  

Even if not a huge Kanye West or hip-hop/rap fan, give those three songs a play and see for yourself what the whole world meant by making it the No. 1 Album for the 11th time.