Peeps Review

PHS+Newspapers+Staff+sampled+seven+different+variations+of++Peeps+which+prompted+a+lot+of+different+reactions.+For+your+convenience%2C+the+staff+ranked+all+the+different+flavors+we+sampled.+
Luka Vaicekauskas
PHS Newspaper’s Staff sampled seven different variations of Peeps which prompted a lot of different reactions. For your convenience, the staff ranked all the different flavors we sampled.

Here at PHS News, we do our best to selflessly serve the student body of Plant High. That’s why, for an entire class period once a year, we set aside our usual work and taste test as many different flavors of a chosen candy or snack. This year, we tested as many Peeps flavors as Ms. Porcelli could find on the shelves of Publix and Walmart. Below are our thoughts on the flavors, for your easter candy & Peeps- buying convenience.

The Worst ones:

Fruit Punch- Before we all tried it, many talked about the Fruit Punch Peeps flavor; yet a could seconds after, nearly everyone on our team found it bad. “1/5-not good- it tastes like an overly sugary Kool-Aid,” Staffer Vera Agne said.

Sour Watermelon- This flavor, with its generally off-putting taste, was universally reviled by our staff. After all, sour watermelon gummies are socially acceptable, but marshmallows- strongly not. “0/5 it was bad and then the after taste made it worse. It is sour and sweet in the worst way possible,” Online Managing Editor-in-Chief Giada Moralejo said.

The OK ones:

The Original- This is the most iconic, OG Peep. However, the flavor lacks a kick, a spark for one’s taste buds. “The original is the best Peep. I believe they are all nasty, but if I had to eat one, this is the one I would choose,” Online Editor-in-Chief Sydney Appleton said.

Rice Crispy Treats- As for the Rice Crispy Treat taste, it was a letdown for most on our team; its light tan look did little to help, making it seem just as dull as it did to our taste buds. “3/5 smells like a candle but tastes like nothing,” Staffer Maddie Banks said.

Dr. Pepper- This is probably the most loved soda in the Pop PHS News classroom, but this marshmallow flavor made us skeptical. “3/5 I usually do not like Dr Pepper, but it did not taste that bad while it had an aftertaste of Dr Pepper,” Culture Editor Kate Fairbairn said.

The Best ones:

Cotton Candy- Something about the fluffy texture and dreamy flavor of cotton candy and marshmallows, this combination did not disappoint. The pastel pink color too, was on theme- perfect for Easter. “5/5 I feel like this was cotton candy infused, incredible again,” Video Editor Lola Magin said.

S’mores- This nostalgic flavor- as sitting by a fireplace during a chilly night in the summer- was a hit among the Pop PHS News staff. “100000/5 I love it so much, it even might be better than the classic Peep,” Staffer Mia Carper said.

And while the PHS News staff might not ever want to look at a Peep for a hot second, we hope these reviews served for your individual purchasing purposes.