The Bachelor Blog Episode 6

It+is+that+time+of+year+again%21+The+Bachelor+is+back+every+Monday+night+with+episodes+filled+with+drama%2C+new+connections%2C+heartbreak%2C+and+most+importantly%2C+love.+%0A%0A+
@bachelorabc
It is that time of year again! The Bachelor is back every Monday night with episodes filled with drama, new connections, heartbreak, and most importantly, love.

This week’s episode was a difficult one for the women and Joey. Joey faces insecurities about the person he picks, not staying loyal and leaving the relationship. While Joey was experiencing all these emotions, the ladies developed more profound connections with him and struggled to see Joey spending time with the other girls. 

The episode started with the group in Montreal, Canada and a group scavenger hunt date. The women chosen for the group date were Daisy, Jess, Lea, Katelyn, Kelsey A., Rachel, Jenn, and Lexi. As the day passes, the group dances in the street, makes their own poutine, and explores the city together. The date feels very uncomfortable to watch because everyone wants Joey’s attention and does not want to be on the group date.  

At the cocktail portion of the date, all the women tell Joey that the group date felt uncomfortable because it is hard to see his strong connections with the other women. The whole night was very unhappy, and nobody was in good spirits. The night’s big surprise was that Joey sent Jess home because he did not have strong feelings for her, and it would be unfair to keep her there. Nobody expected Jess to be sent home during their conversation, which shocked the other women. On a lighter note, Joey gave the group date rose to Jenn because he felt most connected to her throughout the group date. 

The first one-on-one date was Kelsey T.! She had been waiting for this date for a while, so seeing her time finally come is exciting. Joey and Kelsey spent their day training with the Cirque de Soleil. The couple attempted to do stunts in the air, flips, and lots of spinning. However, Joey got dizzy and did not feel well for most of the date. At the dinner part of the date, Kelsey shared personal stories about her family situation and further developed her relationship with Joey.  

The next one-on-one date with Maria was genuinely magical, and Maria thoroughly deserved it for all the drama she got pulled into this season. Joey took Maria on a dream date, shopping for a beautiful dress for their dinner that night. After trying on many possible contenders, Maria decided to wear a floor-length flowy dress covered in sequins in a light green color. After the couple got ready for dinner, they flew to their destination by helicopter and saw all the beautiful sights of Montreal from thousands of feet in the air. The dinner was breathtaking, and they even got to dance together during a private concert from Canadian indie pop singer Feist.  

After dinner with Maria, Joey returned to his hotel, and Lexi knocked on his door to discuss something important that had been on her mind recently. Lexi plans on having children very soon since she has been diagnosed with fertility issues and does not want to risk her chance of pregnancy waiting a few years. However, Joey wants a more prolonged engagement plus a couple of years of marriage before having kids. Lexi decided to leave the show because she and Joey have different plans for their future and want kids to varying points in life. Although it was a difficult goodbye for Joey and Lexi, they understood it was the right decision.  

Joey sends Katelyn and Lea home during the rose ceremony because his connections with them are not strong enough. Although Joey sent home only two women for the rose ceremony, Jess and Lexi left during the episode; that makes four ladies who leave during episode 6. Joey is now down to Daisy, Jenn, Kelsey T., Kelsey A., Maria, and Rachel.