Seven steps to apply to the University of Florida

On Monday, Aug. 15 the University of Florida will officially open the application for the Summer and Fall semesters of 2017. Having high rankings such as “Best Value Public College” (Forbes 2016) and more than 100 undergraduate majors makes this a very desirable college for kids all around the nation. Below is information for applying to this competitive university.

How to apply
For the first time, the University of Florida is changing the application process and using the program Coalition for applications. This program is supposed to make applications more accessible and affordable for students.

Step 1: Make a Coalition account at http://www.coalitionforcollegeaccess.org/. The username and password used for the coalition account will also be the username and password used to check your application status of the college’s website.

Step 2: After creating the Coalition account, students must fill out their coalition profile to give the university more information about themselves. The university of Florida only requires these sections to be completed: personal information, contact information, demographic information, citizenship information, high school information, college information, financial aid, honors & distinction, academic interests and extracurricular activities.

Step 3: Next students must add The University of Florida to their college list.

Step 4: Once added to a college list, students will complete the UF application, this is the segment of the application where the essay and Florida residency information will be submitted.

Step 5: Pay the application fee, which is $30 with a $5 processing fee.

Step 6: After paying the fee, the next step is to complete the SSAR, or student self-reported academic record. This is where a student will input grades directly how they read off their transcript. You can access the SSAR off the admissions website or http://www.selfreportedtranscript.com/ssar/Login.aspx.

Step 7: Lastly, the study must submit their test scores to UF. The school is accepting both the new and old version of the SAT, which is super scored and the ACT which is not super scored. The codes for UF are 5812 (SAT) and 0758 (ACT).

Dates to remember:

November 1: UF Application Deadline

December 1: SSAR Deadline

December 15: Test Score Deadline

December 15: FAFSA Deadline