E-Board rewards gold card holders

After having their names checked off a list, students walk into Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church they are greeted by the wonderful smell of Chinese food coming from the many trays of food before them. Today, Aug. 19, Executive Board hosted the first of the quarterly gold card lunches.

The lunches are a way to reward students for their academic success. In order to attend, a student must possess a gold card, which can be attained by having principal’s honor roll. Additionally, gold card holders are able to drop any three test grades.

“I love not having to bring my own lunch to school and the food is really yummy,” Olivia Brock, junior, said.

E-Board orders the food from Hao Wah, a local Chinese restaurant. They provide a wide variety of options such as vegetables, beef stir fry, spring rolls and more. In addition, water and Capri Sun juice pouches are available.

“I really like the dumplings. They’re very good,” Bobby Gough, sophomore, said.

The gold card lunches have been a tradition for over sixteen years, and E-Board plans on continuing these lunches for as long as possible. It is always hosted at the church which is across the street from Plant and usually features either Chinese food or barbeque.

“All E-Board members take turns serving the food. When one person wants to leave, they have find someone to take their spot so that there isn’t chaos,” Lexie Atlas, senior, said.

Black card holders also receive a special treat. E-Board serves black card holders ice cream sundaes with a variety of toppings and flavors. This will take place during lunch one day next week.

E-Board’s next event will be the first pep rally of the year. They have already begun planning and hope to schedule this for sometime in September.

Olivia Brock, sophomore, and Ansley Spofford, sophomore, enjoy Chinese food at the gold card lunch.
Jack Schifino, junior, serves chips to gold card holders.
Hao Wah provides a wide variety of foods for all that attend the gold card lunch.
Students eat and discuss the school work they did to be able to attend the lunch.