Spring Break provides students with well deserved break

Spring Break is a period of fun for students to get time off of school and do whatever students wish for a week. Weather at this time is nice but can be cold, and a break during this time is needed.

Although the cold weather is nice, it was too cold for most Floridians. Based on how the weather during Christmas Break was in the high 80s and low 50s during Spring Break, it was very disappointing, allowing for little opportunities to hit the beaches and go swimming.

Spring Break was also hard to recover from due to daylight savings, which was when all time zones set their clocks forward one hour, due to the earlier sunrise times. It did not hit many people until after Spring Break due to the lack of care for what time it is during Break, and having to reset one’s sleep schedule is hard enough as it is, but having to get up an hour earlier each day is demoralizing and devastating.

Spring Break was very long, but it was also accompanied by March Madness, an NCAA basketball tournament that is loved all around the country for the intense games by the nation’s best college basketball teams. The tournament never disappoints through the upsets and entertaining games.

Spring Break was a fun week off of school that consisted of a multitude of options of activities to take part in, and taking advantage of this very necessary week of freedom is something all students need to do.