Senior Sunrise takes students back to the early 2000s

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dressed up as Thing One and Thing Two from Dr. Seuss’s “Cat in the Hat,

Dressed up as Thing One and Thing Two from Dr. Seuss’s “Cat in the Hat," seniors Abby Hoyt and Tee Chulikavit wait for the morning bell to signify the start of their senior year. This year's theme for Senior Sunrise was Early 2000s.

Madison White

Madison White

Madison White

Madison White, Videographer

• Walking onto campus, seniors Ansley Melendi, Shannon Snyder, Stephanie Ross and Avery Slack arrive clothed in "Clueless" costumes and track suits to fit the early 2000s theme.

• Preparing to pose for a picture, seniors Chloe Danner, Grace McClung, Cailey Clark and Ansley Sampson are sporting characters and styles from the late '90s to early 2000s. The Senior Sunrise took place at 8:00 a.m., half an hour before school started.

• Dressed up as Thing One and Thing Two from Dr. Seuss’s “Cat in the Hat," seniors Abby Hoyt and Tee Chulikavit wait for the morning bell to signify the start of their senior year. This year's theme for Senior Sunrise was Early 2000s.

• Dancing along to the Early 2000s playlist curated for Senior Sunrise, senior Sophia Ward is dressed as an Olsen twin. This year's Senior Sunrise started later than years before due to the change in Hillsborough County’s bell schedule from 7:33 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.

• Singing and dancing along to “See You Again” by Miley Cyrus, seniors Lily Macintyre and Elliot Cash participate in the Senior Sunrise dressed as participants on “The Disney Channel Games," a TV series from the early 2000s. Senior Sunrise is an annual event that occurs on the first day of school.

• Dressed up as Diego from "Dora the Explorer,” senior Ben Davis has several people taking his picture. Ben Davis was elected senior class president last year.

• Dancing along to Miley Cyrus's song "See You Again" seniors Karly Kallish and Abigail Kim are dressed as participants on the "Disney Channel Games." Of all the students dressed up, the group of students who dressed as participants on "the Disney Channel Games" were of majority.

• Dressed up as Vanellope Von Schweetz from "Wreck it Ralph," Senior Emily Surak hands out lollipops to seniors Natalie Kerr and Caton Gonzalez. Kerr and Gonzalez were dressed as Bubbles from "The Powerpuff Girls" and Zach Martin from "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody," respectively.