Elton John concert postponed

The+Farewell+Yellow+Brick+Road+tour+is+Elton+John%E2%80%99s+last+tour%2C+and+it+was+scheduled+to+last+from+Sept.+2018+to+2021+with+more+than+300+shows+worldwide.+++Elton+John+had+postponed+the+Tampa+and+Orlando+shows+of+his+tour+due+to+an+ear+infection.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Elton John concert postponed

The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour is Elton John’s last tour, and it was scheduled to last from Sept. 2018 to 2021 with more than 300 shows worldwide.   Elton John had postponed the Tampa and Orlando shows of his tour due to an ear infection.

The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour is Elton John’s last tour, and it was scheduled to last from Sept. 2018 to 2021 with more than 300 shows worldwide. Elton John had postponed the Tampa and Orlando shows of his tour due to an ear infection.

Ussed with permission: Wikimedia Commons

Addie Robey, Staff Writer

Elton John has postponed the Tampa and Orlando shows of his 2018 Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour due to an ear infection.  

The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour is Elton John’s last tour, and it was scheduled to last from Sept. 2018 to 2021 with more than 300 shows worldwide.  

The Orlando concert will be rescheduled to March 18, 2019, and the Tampa concert will be rescheduled to Nov. 4, 2019. Originally the shows were scheduled for Nov. 27 and 28 in 2018.  

“I was so upset when I found out the concert was cancelled,” said sophomore Emily Varsalona, who was planning on going to the concert. “I’ve been looking forward to it for so long.” 

23 minutes after the concert at the Amway Center in Orlando was supposed to start, it was announced that the concert was postponed. Many people at the concert were angry and the news quickly spread online. 

“I was so excited to go see Elton John,” sophomore Clara Burkhart said. “I almost started crying when I heard it was cancelled.” 

A YouTube video taken by a fan at the concert shows the angry and confused reaction of the audience as the announcement was made that Elton John would not be performing and the concert would be rescheduled.  

The stage was completely set up with lights and sound equipment and at first people thought it was a joke. Then the house lights came on, and in the video, people immediately began to leave.  

“I can’t believe it got cancelled like the day before he was supposed to come here,” Burkhart said. “Now we have to wait a whole year to see him.” 

Many people in the audience have complaints that even though the concert will be rescheduled, they still spent money on parking, hotels and transportation.  

On twitter, Elton John’s team issued a statement about the Tampa and Orlando shows, stating that he has been on antibiotics for his ear infection but was still planning on performing. However, being in pain and his hearing at a disadvantage, they felt that he wouldn’t have been able to give the performance that his fans deserve.  

“I can’t believe we have to wait a year to see him in concert,” Varsalona said.