Students participate in Panther Prowl

While+senior+Katy+Kasper+does+the+worm+across+the+field%2C+the+Zeta+girls+throw+up+their+hands+during+Panther+Prowl+at+Dad%E2%80%99s+Stadium+Oct.+24.++Kasper+has+been+a+member+of+Zeta+for+two+years.+

Vendela Busbee

While senior Katy Kasper does the worm across the field, the Zeta girls throw up their hands during Panther Prowl at Dad’s Stadium Oct. 24. Kasper has been a member of Zeta for two years.

Students and teachers participated in Panther Prowl, an event filled with skits and traditions, highlighting various clubs and teams, at Dad’s Stadium Oct. 24. 

The night kicked off with the National Anthem sung by Pawcapella followed by senior shout outs from the varsity football team. 

“The best thing about Panther Prowl was being with my teammates while watching some great performances and then going out and supporting other players who performed,” sophomore Baldwin Barnes said. “It was just super fun chilling with all the guys.” 

The varsity and junior varsity cheer teams performed various stunts and tricks throughout their graveyard-themed and ‘80s-inspired routines. The Danceros, Pantherettes and band participated as well. 

“I was sad that this was my last Panther Prowl,” senior Meghan Gramling said. “I always enjoy watching the teacher skit and boys service clubs do their dances. I love getting ready and performing with my friends also.” 

A group of faculty members presented a dance to the crowd as well, performing a skit and dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” 

“It was exciting because I got to bond with coworkers,” math teacher Tara Clark said. 

Each service club, including Anchor, Kiwi, La Sertoa, Zeta, Delphi, Key and Sertoma, also danced to a mashup of songs while in matching costumes.  

“My favorite part of our dance was when Noma broke out dancing and saved the show,” sophomore Key Club member Will Connery said. 

After the last of the service club dances, the winning dance was announced. Delphi took home the win and celebrated with the other clubs gathered on the football field. 

“It felt pretty fantastic to win,” junior Delphi member Tanner Heath said. “La Sertoma came out with a lot of cockiness thinking that they would beat us, and it just felt pretty nice to be able to shove it in their face. My favorite part of our dance was definitely when we lifted up the three people, which was a funny touch to the song ‘Everytime We Touch.’” 

After the dancing, students went to the parking lot to watch the traditional ceremony of lighting the “PHS” letters made of shirts. Executive Board members ignited the letters, and the drumline filled the atmosphere with loud beats as students surrounded the frame. 

“The dances were amusing and entertaining,” freshman Arlie Rubin said. “The fire was really cool, and it was really exciting to be a part of something like that.”