Theatre prepares for spring musical

Back to Article
Back to Article

Theatre prepares for spring musical

After theater director Dan Franke talked to the cast, senior Ambar Zahira leads the stretches on the stage before rehearsal March 26 in the auditorium.

After theater director Dan Franke talked to the cast, senior Ambar Zahira leads the stretches on the stage before rehearsal March 26 in the auditorium. "The Drowsy Chaperone" runs April 4-6 with showtimes at 7:30 p.m. and a matinee Saturday, April 6 at 2:00.

Alea Jennings

Alea Jennings

Alea Jennings

Thespian troupe 0817 students will be performing the musical “The Drowsy Chaperone from April 4 to 6 in the auditorium starting at 7:30 p.m. 

“I’m excited for the audiences to see Cameron Summit’s leading role debut as Man in Chair,” troupe leader Dan Franke said. “I’m excited for them to see Logan Franke in her final Plant Theatre Company production, I’m super excited for them to see Rhett Renaud and Jason Calzon tap dancing. I’m most excited for them to get to enjoy the story of the show. It’s raucous and hilarious and just a LOT of fun.” 

The Drowsy Chaperone is a musical about famous actress Janet Van de Graaff, played by Logan Franke, who is conflicted about giving up her fame to get married. This story is set inside a record called The Drowsy Chaperone that character Man in Chair plays aloud.  Sophomore Cameron Summitt was cast as Man in Chair.  

“I’m hoping for people to come and enjoy the show even with the limited space and resources we have,” Summitt said. “Getting told I have a lead role was very exciting because everyone congratulated me and told me I would do well.”