Distance track competes at FSU relays

Used with permission from Ben Hill

The girls distance track team travels to Tallahassee to compete in relays at Florida State University against individuals from all over the country Mar. 22 and 23. Nine out of the 11 girls ran personal records at the relays.

The distance track team traveled to Tallahassee to compete in relays at Florida State University against individuals from all over the country Friday, Mar. 22 and Saturday Mar. 23. 

“It was a great way to bond together as a team since we went up on the car ride together,” freshman Mary Ellen Eudaly said. 

The girls distance track team had nine out of 11 girls run personal records in either the 1600 or 3200meter race, and the boys distance track team had 10 boys run personal records 

It was a great experience, sophomore Nathan Dye said. “There was a lot of competition.” 

During the 3200meter invitational Friday night, freshman Mary Ellen Eudaly ran a PR of 10:28, making her the fastest freshman in the country.  She stayed with the lead pack the first six laps and took the lead on the last two. However, she was passed in the last 200 meters, resulting in her fourthplace finish. 

“I didn’t really think that would happen,” Eudaly said. “I’m thankful for my teammates and the experience. I am also Christian, so I just try to run for the glory of God.