Ecology club organizes cleanup

Natalie Kerr, Staff Writer

• Weaving between trees to pick up trash at Desoto Park, juniors Reian Beltran and Bhea Ramas participate in the Great American Cleanup Saturday, April 27. The students participated as members of the Ecology Club – a student organization focusing on environmental health and sustainability.

• Spreading out to clean up Desoto Park, sophomores Shannon Adams and Julia Wolfe comb the ground for litter, while seniors Maddie White and Micah Smith sort garbage into trash and recycling bags Saturday, April 27. The cleanup was done in partnership with local organization Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, that focuses on conservation, waste reduction and beautification of the Tampa Bay area.

• Cleaning up garbage near the water of Mckay Bay, senior Micah Smith picks up a straw and puts it in his trash bag at Desoto Park, Saturday April 27. This was Ecology Club’s fourth official cleanup of the school year. Spreading out to clean up Desoto Park, sophomores Shannon Adams and Julia Wolfe comb the ground for litter, while seniors Maddie White and Micah Smith sort garbage into trash and recycling bags Saturday, April 27. The cleanup was done in partnership with local organization Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, that focuses on conservation, waste reduction and beautification of the Tampa Bay area.