Moment of silence held in memory of fallen student

Gathered+at+the+front+of+the+school%2C+students+hold+a+moment+of+silence+for+junior+Charlie+Carl+who+passed+away+March+18.+Students+were+asked+to+wear+purple%2C+the+representative+color+for+epilepsy+awareness.++

Miranda Maingot

Gathered at the front of the school, students hold a moment of silence for junior Charlie Carl who passed away March 18. Students were asked to wear purple, the representative color for epilepsy awareness.

A moment of silence was held for junior Charlie Carl on the morning of March 26. The junior class e-board organized this moment of silence in honor of Carl, who passed away on Mar18. 

When I got to school on Monday, I was really upset to see that no one said anything about Charlie’s death, almost like it had not happened,” junior class president Miranda Maingot said. “I felt that Charlie’s life needed to be honored in some way, so we went ahead and started planning a gathering in his memory.” 

People attending the gathering were asked to wear purple, the representative color for epilepsy awareness. Close friends were welcome to speak in Carl’s honor.  

“I didn’t know Charlie personally, but the news was absolutely devastating to me when I found out,” junior Lauren Clark said. “My heart broke for all of his friends and family. This moment of silence is the least we can do in light of this tragedy. We wanted to organize this simply to remember and celebrate his life and the amazing memories he brought to so many people.”