JV volleyball defeats Berkeley

JV+Girls+Volleyball+won+against+Berkeley+on+September+21.+Plant+won+2+sets%2C+securing+the+win+for+Plant%3B+the+scores+for+the+sets+were+25-18+for+the+first+set%2C+16-25+for+the+second%2C+15-9+for+the+third.+The+JV+volleyball+team+now+has+a+3-0+record.+

Alex Gillen

JV Girls Volleyball won against Berkeley on September 21. Plant won 2 sets, securing the win for Plant; the scores for the sets were 25-18 for the first set, 16-25 for the second, 15-9 for the third. The JV volleyball team now has a 3-0 record.

On Tuesday, Sept. 21, the junior varsity volleyball team defeated Berkeley with a score of 2-1 sets.  

The team previously faced off against Berkeley early in the season and won.   

“I expected a good challenge from Berkeley,” freshman Cambria Kuipers said. “We barely won against them before, and  I knew this was going to be a tough match. I was nervous at first… as the game went on, I got more excited and ready to take the win.” 

Freshman Kaylee Peper attributes the team dynamic to the team’s success this season. So far, the team has gone undefeated in the season.   

“I think the team dynamic is very upbeat and encouraging,” Peper said. “We have gotten closer and more connected since our first game. We understand each other’s strengths and weaknesses and are now able to make the adjustments needed.”  

Even with the win, freshman Lucy Robinson sees room for improvement for the next game.   

“As a team, I think our blocking is very competitive and strong,” Robinson said. “However, I think we need to work on being ready for the balls that just tip over our block. I also think we might need to focus on communication in serve receive.”  

The team will play Leto High School in their next game, Sept. 30.   

“I don’t know much about Leto, but I do know that no matter the competition, the team needs to work together and perform our best,” Kuipers said.