We all loved her smile and joy

Remembering Taylor Koulouris

Sophomore Taylor Koulouris passed away Monday after being hospitalized last Friday, Dec 10. A memorial will be taking place next Monday, Dec 20 at Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church.

Sophomore Taylor Koulouris passed away Dec 13 after being hospitalized at Tampa General Hospital following an accident last Friday, Dec 10.  

A prayer was held on Sunday, Dec 12 at Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church in honor of Koulouris and Junior Ben Francis, who lost his life in the accident as well. Koulouris was described as a kind and vibrant soul by those in attendance.  

“Your laugh and smile could light up a room and anyone who had the privilege of knowing you can attest,” junior Sara Hendry said in a post honoring Koulouris.  

At school, Koulouris was part of several clubs such as Anchor, Beta, Speak Up and SADD. Outside of school, Koulouris participated in softball. Senior Mia Alcala had known Koulouris for 6 years, playing softball together since Alcala was in the sixth grade.  

“We always joked around at practice and games… we had a lot of fun,” Alcala said. “She always knew how to put a smile on anyone’s face. When we would talk, it was like years hadn’t even passed.”  

Koulouris also took sewing classes, designing dresses and modeling them. Senior Reisa Macmurchy met Koulouris in one of these classes in middle school. 

“I loved helping her get ready for the shows, sometimes I did her hair too,” Macmurchy said. “She was amazing, super talented, kind, dedicated, and I loved the time I had known her. Sewing wouldn’t have been the same without her. She was very sweet… she had the best laugh and could brighten up a room. We all loved her smile and joy.” 

Friends also describe Koulouris as “someone who would always listen and help.” Sophomore Maria Carrascal met Koulouris years ago through mutual friends and they had stayed friends ever since. 

“Taylor was the type of person to come up to you and say hi even if she didn’t know you,” Carrascal said. “She was incredibly kindhearted and made everyone feel included and welcomed. She never failed to make people laugh and be there for them when they needed her. Taylor was loved by many people, and there won’t be a day where we don’t miss her.” 

A memorial will be taking place on Monday, Dec 20 at Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church with a time still to be determined.