Plant Varsity Golf Versus Robinson

+Senior+Caroline+Ogle+takes+a+practice+swing+with+her+driver.+This+occurred+at+a+previous+match+against+Steinbrenner+in+which+the+girls+and+boys+took+home+a+win.+%0A%0A+%0A%0A+%0A%0A+
Stella Griggs
Senior Caroline Ogle takes a practice swing with her driver. This occurred at a previous match against Steinbrenner in which the girls and boys took home a win.

On Thursday, Sept. 28, Plant’s Varsity Girls and Boys Golf Teams battled with Robinson at an away match at Rocky Point Golf Course. The match started at 3:30 PM and it was the first match against Robinson this season. 

With strong winds and rain from the previous night, the playing conditions weren’t ideal. Plant Girls were missing their top two seeds, Charlotte Cantonis (11), and Sarah Wicks (12), and had a disadvantage because they were on the opponent’s terf, but the girls managed an 87-shot win, the widest so far in the season. 

The boys team also brought home a win, with a 22-shot difference between them and Robinson. Although this was a narrower victory, a win is still a win. 

Junior, Mia Sennett reviewed the match in an interview. 

“I think that the did amazing at the match on Thursday. My favorite part was the last hole because we knew that we were going to win.” 

Going into the last hole with a known win, Plant kept their good scores, with no one shooting over an 8 on either the boys’ or girls’ team. 

The current rankings for the Plant Girls Team are undefeated at 9-0, and the Plant Boys team is 7-2, with their only losses in playing Jesuit and Steinbrenner. The final scores for the girls were a 177 for Plant, and a 264 for Robinson girls, the lowest score winning. The Plant boys team scored a 159 and the Robinson boys shot a 181.