This Week at Plant: Dec. 4-Dec.9

The+Plant+Panthers+are+staying+busy+this+week.+Scroll+to+learn+more+about+what+is+on+the+PHS+calendar+for+this+week.+
Sydney Appleton
The Plant Panthers are staying busy this week. Scroll to learn more about what is on the PHS calendar for this week.

This week at Plant, there are a ton of activities and activities that are keeping students and faculty busy.  

To start of the week, Monday, Dec. 4 is an early release day. Students will be released an hour early. During the school day, there is an ICC meeting for club presidents.  

Next up on Tuesday, Dec. 5, a 30-minute homeroom will take place at the beginning of the school day for seniors to confirm graduation paperwork and for underclassmen to plan their course schedules for the upcoming school year. In the afternoon, several Panther Sports will take on schools in the district. Boys and Girls Varsity Basketball has a home game versus Leto. Boys Soccer plays the Crusaders at Tampa Catholic and Girls Soccer is headed to Pinellas County to play a game with Palm Harbor.  

On Wednesday, Dec. 6, there is a blood drive going on during lunches. Students who are 16 or older can go to the courtyard during their lunch period to donate blood. They will receive some snacks and refreshments, along with a t shirt for their donation. Boys Varsity Basketball has another game, hosting Steinbrenner in the gym. Girls Varsity Basketball takes on Sickles following the boys team. In the evening, the Plant Orchestra will have a concert in the auditorium.  

On Thursday, Dec. 7, Cheer will have an event at Sumner and the wrestling team will be right down the road at East Bay for their match.  

To wrap up the week, on Friday, Dec. 8, Boys Varsity Basketball has a game at Jefferson and both the boys’ and girls’ soccer teams will take on Steinbrenner at Dads Stadium.  

During the weekend, there are still some school events. On Saturday, Dec. 9, some students will take the ACT test. The Boys Basketball team has another game at Blake during the day. The long-awaited Winter Formal Dance will be held in the parking lot on Saturday night.