2023 Christmas Events In Tampa

Vera Agne
Tampa is filling with holiday spirit as twinkling lights adorn palm trees and festive decorations scatter across streets. Tampa’s holiday activities are just at the beginning and it’s the perfect time to create a fun, joyful, and festive atmosphere for the Christmas season.

The holiday season is just around the corner, initiating themed festivities. Tampa Bay is holding events full of light, fun, and Christmas cheer to get in the spirit.

Busch Gardens Christmas town: From Nov. 14 to Jan. 9, Busch Gardens hosts Christmas light displays, animal encounters, exhilarating rides, and Christmas on Ice. Along with these events, Busch Gardens also has the Holly Jolly Express, a train that travels through the homes of giraffes, rhinos, zebras and more. During this season, other events in Busch Gardens that are here for a limited time include Santa’s North Pole and Rudolph’s wonderland. They both run through to Dec. 24. As for expenses, yearly passes to Busch Gardens cost around $133, not including dining; however, there’s a holiday discount running 30% off. A single-day pass, as of right now, costs $40.

ZooTampa Christmas in the Wild: Included in the events of Christmas in the Wild, which begins Nov. 25 and ends Dec. 30, ZooTampa holds one of the largest light displays, fun holiday desserts, fascinating wildlife and festive adventures. Other magical experiences would be the animal encounters and Breakfast with Santa. Breakfast with Santa is sold out on Saturday, Dec. 10, but spots are available on the 17th. As for the animal encounters, nonmembers must pay $29.95. If you aren’t a member, the membership price varies depending on how many people you want to bring. There is general admission which is $29.95 after four p.m.

Holidays at LEGOLAND: LEGOLAND Florida Resort invites everyone to participate in LEGO themed Christmas festivities this year. Dates for the events are as follows: Nov. 25-27th and Dec. 3-4th, 10th-11th, 17th-18th and the 22nd-31st. Mail letters to LEGO Santa or take “elfies” with your favorite LEGO icon. More events, like rocking around the giant LEGO tree and the fireworks over Lake Eloise, are also included. Annual passes start at $13 per month, and day tickets start at $84 per person.

Tampa Riverwalk Boat Parade: On Dec. 17, Tampa’s largest lighted boat parade will begin at the southern tip of Davis Island and travel along the Hillsborough River in Downtown Tampa. The parade starts at 6 p.m. All who participate will receive a prize at the end. Parking rates range from 1-2 dollars per hour.

Tampa Bay Festival of Lights: Set up on the Hillsborough County Fairgrounds, this drive-through light display stretches over 2 miles with over one million lights. The festival lasts from Nov. 24 through January and charges $20 per car.

Winter Festival at Raprager Family Farm: It is also called the 12 Days of Christmas Festival, and it displays events of colorful lights, hayrides, Christmas crafts and decorating, animal encounters, as well as quality time with Santa and much more. Ages two and under are free, but It is $14.95 per person. December dates are as follows: 2nd-4th, 9th-11th, 16th-18th and 21st-23rd. Hours vary depending on what day people attend.

Links to tickets and more information:

LEGOLAND Holiday

ZooTampa: Christmas in the Wild

Busch Gardens Christmas Town

RapRager 12 days of Christmas

Tampa Fair Grounds Festival of Lights