Christmas at Trader Joes

Vera Agne
Christmas is the time to indulge in festive snacks and desserts. Trader Joes annually culminates a variety of holiday themed snacks and candies which is a perfect way to get into the holiday spirit.

Trader Joes stocked up on seasonal items just in time for holiday enjoyment. I love Trader Joe’s in general especially since they stay away from artificial dyes and lean towards more organic but still stay on the cheaper side. Here is a list of my favorite holiday items this year so far.

Jingle Jangle: This is a tin full of mini pretzels covered in milk and dark chocolate, broken up pieces of Joe-Joe’s (Trader Joe’s version of Oreos), dark chocolate covered caramel popcorn, milk chocolate with red candy coating and dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups. I love chocolate, so this was a definite go-to dessert.

Mint Dark Chocolate Stars: These come in a green 16-ounce box and if you love Andes or mint flavoring in general, this would be a favorite. These are mint dark chocolate covered shortbread cookies and they surely can complement hot chocolate. This is also again one of my favorites my family has been getting these for years. I 100% recommend these.

Cinnamon Bun Inspired Pancake and Waffle Mix: Cinnamon buns are one of my favorite breakfast sides and this mix captures that flavor perfectly. I can not only just get one of my favorite breakfast items, but I can get three all in one. The recipes are easy to follow as well as being on the side of the box. Convenient!

Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee: Look out for this 12-ounce copper bag! I also love coffee and if you love hazelnut and coffee this is the perfect blend for you. It has a slight hint of chocolate, hazelnut being the more dominant flavor which I personally don’t mind. What I also love about this coffee is that it tastes good both hot and iced.

Cookie Mug Hangers: I’ve gotten these for I think two years now and they are the cutest to put on mugs specifically when making hot chocolate. These cookie hangers are gingerbread men shaped and taste delicious. If making a hot chocolate bar with friends or family, this is a necessity.

Winter Wassail Punch: Separating from the desserts, this punch is a blend of black currant, apple, cherry, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, and orange peel. Personally, I would serve this iced even though you can serve it hot. To me, hot punch is a bit disturbing.

Scandanavian Tidings: Trader Joes traditionally has something called Scandinavian Swimmers which a variety of gummies that come in the shape of ocean animals. For the holidays, they changed the shape into a Christmas theme. These are one of my favorite gummies. The red ones taste like Swedish Fish; however, these Scandinavian tidings don’t have the red 40 that Swedish Fish does so this is a definite recommendation.