Christmas with Friends

Vera Agne
Celebrating the holiday season provides a multitude of opportunities to participate in themed activities and parties with friends. It’s the perfect season to create cherished memories as well as a spirited atmosphere.

As the holiday season approaches, it’s the perfect time to gather your friends and create lasting memories with a variety of Christmas-themed activities. From cozy nights to festive outings, here are some unique ways to celebrate the season of giving with your friends.

Holiday Movie Marathon: Set the mood by hosting a Christmas movie marathon. Transform the viewing space into a winter wonderland by decorating it with festive lights, cozy blankets, or even ornaments. Prepare some festive snacks or even a hot chocolate bar! Consider themed snacks according to each movie you watch for an extra touch of creativity. Indulge in films like “Home Alone,” “Elf,” or “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

Cookie Decorating: Get creative in the kitchen with a cookie decorating extravaganza. Bake a variety of sugar cookies and provide an array of colorful icing and sprinkles. Challenge each other to come up with the most festive and imaginative cookie designs. Recipes for cookies can be found on Google or even Pinterest. Other edible materials can be found at your grocery store like Publix. Taking it one step ahead, you can buy or make personalized aprons for each guest. Ensure there’s enough room for everyone to spread out and be able to have their own space for decorating.

Secret Santa gift exchange: Organize a secret Santa gift exchange with your friends. Set up a budget, draw names, and exchange gifts on a planned day. This adds an element of surprise and thoughtful giving to your holiday celebrations. To make the gift-giving process easier, have participants create wish lists with their preferences and interests. Emphasize the importance of keeping wish lists anonymous to keep that element of surprise.

Outdoor ice skating: Embrace the somewhat cold Florida winter weather with a trip to the ice rink. Whether you’re a seasoned skater or beginner, gliding on the ice is a joyful way to laugh with your friends and create fond memories. Don’t forget to enjoy some hot cocoa after too warm back up. Tampa has an ice rink downtown in Curtis Hixon Park. It’s $17 per person but such a great experience to do with friends.

DIY ornament decorating: Channel your inner artist by creating personalized Christmas ornaments. Provide plain ornaments, paints, glitter, and other craft supplies. Inspiration can best be found on Pinterest.

Gingerbread house decorating contest: Challenge your friends to a gingerbread decorating contest. Provide premade gingerbread houses and an assortment of candies and icing. This can include gum drops, licorice, Starbursts, chocolate chips or other various types of small candy. Use trays to create a spacious work area and to ensure that messes are somewhat contained. The results are sure to be both impressive and delicious.

via GIPHY