Guide to Florida State Fair 2024

Hillsborough+County+schools+get+Friday%2C+February+17%2C+off+for+the+Florida+State+Fair.+Free+tickets+are+handed+out%2C+so+why+not+attend+the+State+fair+held+once+a+year%3F+There+are+many+things+to+do%2C+like+rides%2C+seeing+animals%2C+and+eating+lots+of+food.+
Sienna Harrison
Hillsborough County schools get Friday, February 17, off for the Florida State Fair. Free tickets are handed out, so why not attend the State fair held once a year? There are many things to do, like rides, seeing animals, and eating lots of food.

The Florida State Fair returns February 8-19. They’re known for having the most giant midway and bizarre food concoctions. It’s famous for its donut burger, Pop Rocks pickle, Fried spam grilled cheese, and a cheese curd burger between two honey buns.  

There are a wide variety of things to do at the Fair. There are more than 150 shows, three music stages, art exhibits, rides, and lots more entertainment. Agriculture is a big part of the fair, so there are lots of exhibits like beekeepers with honey samples, a milking parlor, a variety of cows, chickens, goats, and a place to interact with the animals.  

For the first time in many years, the fair will have fireworks on opening and closing weekends. There will also be discos and a concert on Saturday.  

Here’s a guide on what to do and see at this year’s Fair:  

Ticket prices and discounts: Tickets and armbands start at $11 but are cheaper if you buy them online in advance. The discounted pricing ends Wednesday, Feb.7. After Wednesday, admission is $16 on the weekends and $10 for children. Adult tickets are $12 Monday-Thursday and $6 for children. There is a discount for seniors and free admission for law enforcement on February 8. Tickets are $3 on Thursday, February 15.  

Foods: There are a variety of eating contests, including a corn dog chow-down on Feb.12, a pizza-eating contest on Valentine’s Day, and a funnel cake face off on Feb.15. Check out the winners on display in the Special Events Center to see the best jams, cake decorating, cakes, and even a gluten-free baking competition.  

Entertainment: Once you enter the Fair, all the entertainment is free. On Friday and Saturday, there will be fireworks, silent discos, local vendors, and a concert featuring country duo Tigerlily. There will also be fireworks on closing weekend after sunset. Here are some entertainers to look forward to:  

Circus Hollywood- This daily show is held under a circus tent featuring acts with camels, horses, magicians, and many other animals.  

Hollywood Racing Pigs: This event is a fan favorite. Fans cheer on pigs as they race for the winner’s cookie. This is a three-part event, including an obstacle course and two races.  

Secret Walls: This event is new this year. Teams of six artists will have an art battle and must paint a mural in 90 minutes starting at seven each night, Feb.8-10. The crowd chooses the winning team. There will also be live music and a fire performance.  

Rides and games: The Florida State Fair has over 90 rides and attractions. There are rides for all ages. There is a petting zoo and family game show in the Welcome Center called the Kids Celebration Game Show. Check out the Little Farm Hands agricultural education, where you can learn about agricultural processes like building a scarecrow. 

Click here for more things to do at Florida State Fair: 

https://tickets.floridastatefair.com/p/tickets?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzoeuBhDqARIsAMdH14G7jr7t6USJnKdmHJCHUg1LtqRBKocS3IrLkBCXM6J0LuYveb1fr6caAp-UEALw_wcB