HB Plant Winterguard Promotion

Plant+High+schools+production%2C+Perfume%2C+was+promoted+from+Scholastic+AAA+to+Scholastic+AA.+They+were+promoted+on+January+31st+and+are+now+creating+new+goals+to+hopefully+surpass+by+the+end+of+the+season.+
Plant High schools’ production, Perfume, was promoted from Scholastic AAA to Scholastic AA. They were promoted on January 31st and are now creating new goals to hopefully surpass by the end of the season.

HB Plant High schools Winterguard team performed their production, Perfume, at Strawberry Crest High school on Jan. 20: the team was later promoted from scholastic AAA to scholastic AA on Jan. 31. At the team’s next competition on Feb. 16, there will be an announcement of the Perfume production promotion as the team walks to the center of the gymnasium.  

Head Coach of HB Plant Winterguard, David Hanseter, explained that he was inspired by all the different versions of the song Perfume, from the orchestral version to some acappella singing. “It was fun to mix both the Britney version with the Sia version, this year the team at Plant has worked hard enough to be able to pull off such an opulent and fun show as Perfume,” Hanseter said.  

This year the team has struggled finding a facility to rehearse their production, resorting to Plants parking lot, they have faced numerous challenges: severe wind, rain, dim lighting, and a tough ground. The Perfume Production team has pushed past their difficult environment, making the best out of it.  

HB Plant Winterguard had made numerous goals for their season this year, now having surpassed those goals, Coaches aim to “fit more skills into our show and perform more up to the audience. It is such a great accomplishment to get promoted and a good feeling” Hanseter stated . Senior Co-Captain Crimson Freeman projects how she felt being promoted, proclaiming “I was over the moon! I was so excited because that meant that the FFCC (Florida Federation of Colorguards Circuit) recognized that we had exceeded the expectations and skills of the class that we were in. It will come with some challenges, but that just means that we have to work even harder!” As the team continues to push through their season, be sure to visit their next competitions. The dates for these are listed below. 

•       Feb. 16 at Sickles High school
  •       Feb. 24 at Braden River High school
  •       March 2 at Lakewood Ranch High school
  •       March 9 at Riverview High school 
  •       March 30 at Daytona Beach Ocean Center

Instagram: @plantcolorguard