From Dad’s Stadium to FBC Mortgage Stadium: Chase Jarrett Commits to UCF

Chase Jarrett
Senior Chase Jarrett poses for his commitment post that was shared on the @304committed Instagram page. Jarrett recently announced his commitment to further his academic and athletic career at the University of central Florida

As the class of 2024 wraps up their senior year, successful athletes in the grade are continuing to receive offers from countless universities and announcing commitments to D1 schools. Plant Football has been repeatedly recognized for their strong athletes. The University of Georgia and University of Alabama recently visited the Hillsborough County School to recruit Panthers and more D1 universities are beginning to participate in this.

On Jan. 19, the University of Central Florida joined these schools when they offered Senior Chase Jarrett a spot on their Big 12 football team. Jarrett announced this offer on his social media platforms where he had previously announced other athletic proposals from various well-known schools including University of South Florida and University of Toledo. He later announced his commitment to UCF just a few weeks after the university made their initial offer. On Feb. 7, Jarrett announced his commitment to UCF. After speaking with coaches from the school, he knew joining the Knight community would be a smart decision

“The head coach and I had a good conversation and he really wanted me to go,” Jarrett said. “I know when I go, I will be taken care of.”

Jarrett has played football since he was just four years old and has worked tirelessly in high school so that he could one day achieve his dream of joining a football team at a large university. As a Plant Panther, he often played starting positions and was awarded the “Most Valuable Player of the Year” title for the 2023 season.

“I think I am most proud of being the leader of the team and bringing them from a 2-6 record to an 11-3 record and making it to the state finals,” Jarrett said.

In 2023, UCF joined the Big 12, one of the divisions of the Power 5 Conference. Since the school joined, they have upgraded facilities across campus and have more resources than ever before. These changes have caught the eyes of many, and the school has gained significant attention.

“There is a lot more pressure and attention on the school,” Jarrett said. “There is also a high chance of them [Knight’s Football] being in the playoffs next year.”

Being a part of such a major sports team requires great motivation and stamina. Setting goals can help busy college athletes maintain. Jarrett hopes to leave an impact during his college football career and ultimately change Knight Football for the better.

“I want to be a starter by my junior year,” Jarrett said. “UCF has a very bright future.”

Throughout his high school career, Jarrett has faced unique challenges and experiences that have taught him lessons he can hold on to throughout the rest of his career. Getting to the position he is in today was not simple and he hopes he can offer his peers and teammates advice so they can learn from his story.

“If you don’t get much college attention and you know you deserve some, you just have to be patient and things will work out,” Jarrett said. “Be patient.”

Jarrett has officially signed to start studying and playing football at UCF in the fall and plans on studying Business.