Super Bowl Sunday: Reactions and Results

The+2024+Super+Bowl+kept+Americans+across+the+country+entertained+on+Sunday%2C+Feb.+11.+Scroll+to+learn+more+about+what+was+aired+on+televisions+this+night.+
Bella Johnson
The 2024 Super Bowl kept Americans across the country entertained on Sunday, Feb. 11. Scroll to learn more about what was aired on televisions this night.

The Super Bowl. Some would claim it is the biggest match of the year. Some would say quite the opposite. This year, Super Bowl 58, was met with the San Francisco 49’s and the Kansas City Chiefs, as well with Usher as the Halftime performer and special attendees from Lana Del Rey to Ice Spice.

Many Plant students and staff have had mixed reactions to the Chief’s win over San Francisco 25-22.

“It was a boring game however I am a football hater” junior Linnea Watson said. “It got better at overtime.”

Junior, Saylor Belmont, also had an opinion on the outcome of Super Bowl 58.

“I think the Niner’s should have won, they did really good the first half, but I feel they should have won,” Belmont said. “Everyone wanted the Chiefs to win so I think they were more mentally prepared to play than the Niner’s.”

Some students had opinions on not only the game, but the rather “underwhelming” halftime show, according to junior Addison Knight about Usher’s performance including guests Alicia Keys, Lil Jon, Ludacris and more.

“The halftime show was the worst thing I have ever seen,” Knight said about the show. “Usher’s performance was underwhelming, and his song choices/singing abilities was very mediocre. If he had sang just “Yeah!” for 15 minutes, it would have been better than the whole performance.”

In the end, a large majority of students and staff felt that the game was not as exciting as past Super Bowls, though no one knows the true reasons why. Maybe the game snuck up too fast? Maybe the teams were not equally matched? At the end of the day, the Chiefs claimed the win no matter anyone’s opinion and proved that they were able to win back-to-back championships, proving their dominance in the National Football League.