Taylor Swift Announces New Album

Giada Moralejo
Another Taylor Swift release is coming on April 19. Read about the announcement here.

Does Taylor Swift ever sleep? This is the question on every fan’s mind as she announced her new album, “The Tortured Poets Department,” at the Grammy’s on February 4. The release of this new album will be her 9th release in five years, with five albums and four re-records.

Fans were expecting the announcement of Reputation (Taylor’s version) but were shocked with the announcement of her 11th album. After winning her 13th Grammy, she publicized the release of her new album on April 19. Right before the announcement, her website “crashed,” and weeks leading up to it, her friends changed their profile pictures on social media to black and white. Fans assumed all of these hints were for the re-recording of Reputation.

Recently announcing the track list, Swift revealed the album would have 17 songs, including a bonus track titled The Manuscript. The album also had multiple collaborations with people, including Post Malone and Florence and the Machines.

While Swift has been busy on tour, fans assumed that it would be a while before the next new album once again Swift proved them wrong.