Swinging into the New Season with Varsity Baseball

The Plant Varsity Baseball Team watches as Danny Cerelli prepares to bat against the Jesuit Tigers. The team lost 5-0 and have a home game against Gaither on Feb. 22. (Bella Johnson)
Junior, Bo Allen, steps up to the mound ready to pitch in the preseason opener against Jesuit. “Well for me personally, this game went really well cause I found the strike zone with my curve ball which is important for future games,” Allen said. “However, the team is more important for the fact we didn’t win means that overall, we did not do well.” (Bella Johnson)
Junior, Cash Strayer, catches his breath as he settles in at first base after a right-field hit. Strayer is a left-handed batter and typically hits towards middle-to-right field.
 (Bella Johnson)
The team huddled after one of their innings against the Jesuit Tigers on Thursday, Feb. 15. This game was the second preseason opener for the team.
Senior, Rocco Demarinis, opened as pitcher for the team for the first four innings. “The highlight if the game for me was just being out there and having fun with my teammates,” Demarinis said. “We didn’t play our best, but we did have a lot of positives and it was a preseason.” (Bella Johnson)
Junior, Connor Fulmino, prepares with his teammates for warmup before the preseason opener against the Tigers. The entire team as whole practices before every game, even if they are not playing. (Bella Johnson)