A Girl’s Guide to Staples

Staples+are+what+makes+or+breaks+one%E2%80%99s+fashion+sense%2C+especially+nowadays+through+social+media.+In+this+article%2C+I+will+cover+the+categories+for+the+perfect+staples+and+my+favorites+for+each.+
Bella Johnson
Staples are what makes or breaks one’s fashion sense, especially nowadays through social media. In this article, I will cover the categories for the perfect staples and my favorites for each.

Everyone has a sense of style, whether you know it or not. But one cannot just go jumping headfirst into a very deep pool that is fashion, which is why in this article, I will help you with the most essential pieces needed for every wardrobe, every style known to humankind… the staples. 

Some people refer to “the staples” as boring, drab and unenthusiastic pieces that tend to lean towards the breaking rather than making of your wardrobe. However, staples are exactly what holds together every single closet across the world.  

Shoes 

First off is the shoe category, in which every single person owns at least one pair of. Shoes, though they seem to be rather boring, can be the pinnacle of your outfit. Heels, flats, boots and sneakers can elevate your outfit in a way no other accessory can. For a good sneaker moment, I would personally recommend the Hoka Bondi 8’s, with infinite many color options as well as a stylish but fun way to get outside your shoe comfort zone (though they are rather comfortable). 

T-Shirts 

Moving right along into the T-Shirt category, an outfit choice that has long dominated the fashion industry. T-Shirts can be expressive with messages, images or just a plain color, but in the end of the day, it represents who you are and what you want the world to see you as, so you know you must dress to impress. My staple T-Shirt would be the Skims Baby Tee T-Shirt, which is both the most comfortable tee I have ever owned, and the multitude of color choices makes it a perfect staple for your closet. 

Shorts/Skirts 

Next up is our shorts and skirts category, one that isn’t the most popular but is starting to make a comeback in the today of fashion. Skirts can range from mini to maxi, from denim to athletic, and can elevate your outfit in a way shorts sometimes cannot accomplish. Shorts can also come with a variety of choices such as jorts and the mix of both skirt and short, the skort. My top recommendation for skirt and shorts purchases would be from Revolve, which has almost every option for any fashion item one can think of. 

Our final category of this article is the jewelry category, which appeals to every type of fashion in the modern-day, from preppy to classy to alternative and more. My top recommendation for places to ship for jewelry would be ENewton, which has the perfect staple gold, silver and mixed bracelets that can elevate any outfit to be truly fun and you. Though they are pricey, I personally wouldn’t recommend any other jewelry staple over ENewton.