How the tacos rank at Bartaco

LIzzie Hancock
  1. Falafel

Spice Rating: 2/5

A good vegetarian option, but only comes with two fried balls of falafel with nothing else, making it perfect for those looking for a more plain taco but not for those looking for dynamic flavor.

1. Sesame Ribeye

Spice Rating: 1/5

Not a bad taco, but only consists of steak and a heavy application of soy sauce, giving is an American and Asian flavor perfect for those who do not like the taste of Mexican. I would recommend asking for the sauce on the side.

1. Fried Oyster

Spice Rating: 1/5

The oysters taste surprisingly good with the tortilla and sauce, but it still is semi-boring as the sauce is very light and lacks a taste that wows.

1. Duck

Spice Rating: 1/5

The taco consists of duck and an Asian sauce, making it the most unique of Bartaco’s tacos. Perfect for those who do not like Mexican food, but not for those looking for a spicy flavor. I was not a fan of the combination of tortilla and an oriental flavor.

1. Pork Pastor

Spice Rating: 1/5

The taste is tropical and unique, as the pork is marinated in pineapple juice and spices, but it is also very fatty.

1. Portabello

Spice Rating: 1/5

With fried queso and mushrooms, it is hard for this taco to go wrong. It is tasty without being too much and though it does not have the most interesting flavor, it is a Bartaco staple and perfect for vegetarians.

1. Spicy Chorizo

Spice Rating: 4/5

The chorizo taco is classic Mexican and provides a flavor punch. It is not the most elaborate, as it is simply meat with a few garnishes, but the chorizo has enough flavor to make up for the lack of sauce.

1. Chicken

Spice Rating: 3/5

The chili sauce mixed with the chicken makes for a spicy and dynamic taste. A chicken taco can be simple and basic, but Bartaco makes it more interesting.

1. Shrimp “Banh Mi”

Spice Rating: 3/5

The marinated shrimp and sriracha tofu sauce work together for a unique and spicy taste.

1. Baja Fish

Spice Rating: 1.5/5

The baja fish taco is another classic Bartaco staple. The fish along with garnish and cole slaw combine for a fresh and classic taste.

1. Cauliflower

Spice Rating: 3/5

Hands down the best taco on the menu, the cauliflower taco is full of flavor and spice, consisting of a dynamic romesco sauce topping it off. It has a very fresh taste and also provides a unique combination of a vegetable and taco.