E-Board promotes school spirit

Displaying+proper+and+improper+dress+code%2C+senior+Secretary+Alyssa+Stern+shows+improper+swimwear+for+school.++

Lauren Workman

Displaying proper and improper dress code, senior Secretary Alyssa Stern shows improper swimwear for school.

E-Board has already started planning out a variety of upcoming activities to kick off the new school year. 

Students can look forward to Pep Rallies, Homecoming, and other school spirit boosters as the fall season rolls around. Sports such as football, cross country and soccer are starting and through Pep Rallies and other functions E-Board hopes to build up school-wide enthusiasm and energy. 

“We have a Pep Rally before the first big home football game which will be very exciting,” senior President Jack Schifino said. “It gets everyone in the school spirit and forms a sense of community within the school.” 

Elected by their classmates, the juniors and seniors of E-Board represent the student body and give their peers a voice in various school activities. Large events such as AP Forum and Prom are two of the many functions that E-Board puts on. 

“It’s a really high-esteemed leadership role here at Plant,” junior E-Borad member Jack Casey said. “[I’m] just really excited for planning the Pep Rallies, Panther Prowl and all the big events.” 

Getting ready for these large school-wide activities takes both will and commitment from all the members of E-Board. 

“We work outside the classroom a lot,” senior E-Board president Hunter Owens said. “I went for [E-Board] because I wanted to be a part of the decision-making processes.” 

The theme for Homecoming this year has been announced as Halloween, and the big night will be on Oct. 21. In anticipation of Homecoming night, Panther Prowl will take place two days before on the Oct. 19 followed by the Homecoming game on Oct. 20. 

“I ran for E-Board because I wanted to be more a part of the school [and] to help with Homecoming and Pep Rallies,” junior E-Board member Lena Diasti said. “I wanted to make sure that they were really fun.” 

Besides already working on numerous school-wide gatherings, E-Board is also organizing a Leadership Convention which will invite schools across the county to come and share different ideas on Oct. 12. 

“We have vendors from the community like caterers, DJs and advertisers.” E-Board sponsor Teresa Cozzi said. “All the schools bring different ideas and we’re in charge of that.” 

The board as a whole consists of 19 students, both juniors and seniors, who are in charge of organizing and preparing the many activities that are a large part of Plant life. 

“E-Board is a very fun experience,” Schifino said. “It allows both the senior and junior [classes] to have a positive impact on numerous events throughout Plant and … to have a greater involvement in their school.” 

Students can experience these upcoming E-Board events as fall arrives.