Volunteer fair personifies selflessness in high school

PSTA has recently asked many local volunteering opportunities for a volunteer fair during all the lunch periods Nov. 7. Many individuals got the experience and access to groups like The Spring, Relay for Life, and many more.

“I think it’s important to give to the community, and I love working with kids,” volunteer manager Christine Clement said. “We offer so many different aspects, like education, athletics, and like to help the kid who doesn’t want to be a professional, but gets an enjoyable experience.”

Morgan Shelton

This experience is beneficial for students to equally see all these firms and give time to these programs. In years past, a volunteer fair was held after school had ended, and not everyone could go due to buses and after school activities. Now students have a fair chance to get service hours and talk to representatives.

“I need to get volunteer hours to graduate, and I love to help out the community,” junior Maddie Bee said. Anyone in need, really. Some people really know what it’s like to be really hungry, and I want to help anyone who needs food.”

Many are assited by spreading and growing the community, giving students service hours and chances to grow as people and volunteers, and giving service groups the chance to find young and excitable members.

“I love Plant; the staff is great,” Spring representative Mirelys Rodriguez said. “I love that I get to meet students who are passionate and have heart. This school creates kids who just want to participate and want to learn.”

The volunteers expressed their love for a chance to talk to so many students who were passionate and ready to be involved. Each table was openly accessible and provided a wide range of places and projects to communicate and partake in. “The Relay for Life of the American Cancer Society seems interesting, ” freshman Andres Sada said. “I’ve got family with cancer, and the nighttime festival is pretty cool; it’s different.”

Students marveled in the chance to have so many great places to help those less fortunate than themselves, and sprout skills they are passionate in. The chance to help others in a group of peers is

Morgan Shelton

one these soon to be volunteers looked forward too.

“The bright future scholarship with the highest tier requires over 100 service hours,” college counselor Lauren Moseley said. “All students get an equal opportunity to participate, and we want everyone to give back to the community.”