Oldies but Goodies

Retro trends make a return

Modeling+her+jean+jacket%2C+sophomore+Maggie+Rowan+says+she+enjoys+shopping+and+looking+for+clothes.+This+%E2%80%9Cblast+from+the+past%E2%80%9D+look+was+one+of+many+students+have+been+seen+wearing+this+year.+

Vendela Busbee

Modeling her jean jacket, sophomore Maggie Rowan says she enjoys shopping and looking for clothes. This “blast from the past” look was one of many students have been seen wearing this year.

A blast from the past, the fanny pack has returned for this back-to-school season. The trend first appeared in the ‘80s and ‘90s in Vogue magazine. Since then fanny packs have been worn by tourists but now they are totally cool again. 

Fanny packs are perfect for storing items, especially your phone. Celebrities are major designer fanny pack fanatics; the designers that have brought fanny packs back to life are Prada, Chanel, Gucci and many others. 

Another style going strong is denim, a classic trend that has been around since the gold rush in California. These overalls are not only for farmers and miners, for there are so many ways to style denim overall dresses, such as pairing them with basic t-shirts or oversized sweatshirts. Also, adding layers to a denim overall dress makes the look very cozy but stylish at the same time.  

Overalls are available in amazing colors and come in other fabrics like corduroy, linen, silk and cotton. Buttons, pockets and zippers are added to overalls to provide overall wearers convenience and more detail to their look. 

Overalls can be dressed down or up; an oversized denim jacket is perfect to wear for a dressy look for school. 

Mom jeans are also making an appearance in today’s fashion. These were all the rage in the late 1980s and ’90s, largely from mom jean wearing icon is Rachel Green from friends; she would always pair her mom jeans with collared shirts that were tied into a knot in the front. 

Mom jeans can be paired with graphic T’s in the summer and turtlenecks in the winter. Pairing mom jeans with popular sneakers like checkered Vans and Adidas superstars are also cute for a casual look.  

Accessories are very important to any look because they enhance outfits. Scrunchies are great to wear in one’s hair especially in the brutal Florida heat. 

Different hairstyles, such as the half-up, half-down look, can be worn with scrunchies, and they come in many different materials like satin and velvet as well as a variety of colors and patterns. 

Bandanas are not only for cowboys, for they are another awesome accessory to wear. They look great with denim and ideally worn during the summer season around the neck. 

Bandanas come in many colors and there are so many ways to wear them. Pairing them with round sunglasses can make any outfit look killer. 

All these outfit ideas that were mentioned are the best looks to wear for this school year. Anyone can bring these styles back from the past and own it by adding personal touches to the look. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pepoplantnews/back-to-school-trends/