Ed Sheeran set to perform at Raymond James Stadium

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ed Sheeran is set to perform at Raymond James Stadium Nov. 7 and tickets are available on Stub Hub and Vivid with seats starting at $55. Sheeran has released over 15 albums and recorded 24 singles.

Used with permission: Flickr

Used with permission: Flickr

Used with permission: Flickr

Maizie Tremblay, Photographer

Grammy-winning singer and songwriter Ed Sheeran will be headlining at Raymond James Stadium with opening acts including performances from Snow Patrol and Lauv Nov. 7. 

“I like him because I like his songs and his personality,” sophomore Maria Colon said. “He’s also a really nice guy and goes out and does a lot of charity.” 

Sheeran began writing music at the age of 12 and at 14 released his first CD “The Orange Room.” Since Sheeran’s first album he has released over 15 albums and recorded 24 singles. His most notable albums include “Divide,” “Multiply” and “Add.”  

“I think Ed Sheeran is a good influencer because he’s not a mumble rap artist and he has a diverse set of songs and sounds that you don’t find in other pop artists” junior Preslie Price, who plans to attend the concert, said. “He’s one of the few pop artists I listen to and I am excited for the concert.”  

In addition, Sheeran has also received awards including Grammys for 2018 Best Pop Solo Performance, 2018 Best Pop Vocal Album, and 2016 Best Song. 

“I like Ed Sheeran’s personality,” freshman Mathew Pittman said. “His songs aren’t my favorite though because I don’t like that type of music.”  

Tickets are still available on Stub Hub and Vivid with seats starting at $55.